PDA

View Full Version : HP Racing

The88Accord
04-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Has anybody ever had the HP Racing Hurricane wheels? I was wondering if they were of a good quality or not. Oh, and what wheels are best to get if your ordering the wheel package from wheelmaxx.com? Thanks.

IWLSF
04-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Never heard of the wheels. I tried to go to wheelmaxx.com, but it says the name was just registered, so I dunno. How much are the rims? I'd say if they are below...$85 per rim, dont get them. If they are below $100 per rim, I'd still watch out. Just make sure you dont hit curbs or parking blocks. Even watch out for the potholes. If you can, see if they offer a warranty with the wheels. If so, then no reason why not (so long as it's a decent timeframe, not like a 10 day warranty, more like 1 year or something).

The biggest problem with the cheaper rims is that they will use less craftsmanship to make them. Cheaper materials, non-forged, etc. Just be careful, and remember, you get what you paid for.

The88Accord
04-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Here's a link to the wheels, they are the fourth one down:
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/HP/hp.htm

IWLSF
04-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh shoot, those arent cheap rims at all. They arent expensive either though, but that's because it's just a flat metal color, not polished or chromed. Hell yeah, then get them. The difference in packages is just based on the wheel profile you want. I can tell you either way, if you ever try to mount/balance yourself, you'll have a hayday with anything below a 50 series. Anything less is super easy to tear because of the thin walls, and it'll also be really hard to detect a leak. They are so thin that even when they are flat, they look really close to regular 30-32 psi.

Go ahead and get them though. There are tons of 'quiet' brands of wheels that nobody really buys. It doesnt make them a bad quality, just they dont have the big fancy advertising.

AccordSi
04-08-2003, 06:03 PM
I had the 17" HP Racing Lightnings on my car. They're very cool looking wheels. Lightweight and take roughing well, better than my old Borbet wheels. They weren't cheap either....I paid something like $700-800 for them, when they just came out.

Micah 89LXi
04-17-2003, 07:53 PM
www.discounttiredirect.com has some pretty sweet deals

crwa
04-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Wow, someone copied Racing Hart-