PDA

View Full Version : AIWA subs

colinnicholson86
04-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Has any one heard 12"AIWA subs before? Or know how good quality they are? apparantly AIWA has gone into business with sony now but I cant find any specs for my subs. Any help would be appreciated on how to obtain info. Ive already searched the net.

Vanilla Sky
04-07-2003, 09:35 PM
last time i checked, sony owned half of aiwa, and the car audio is at least 3 years old... they stopped with the speakers in like 98 or 99... now it's just decks... at least in the car audio sector, consider aiwa equal to the low to mid range x-plod products...

this applies the the US market, though... i'm not sure about everywhere else

AccordEpicenter
04-08-2003, 05:25 AM
yeah i really dont like aiwa or sony, but id take a sony over aiwa any day... yuck

Vanilla Sky
04-08-2003, 07:59 AM
epicenter... at least with car audio, i fully agree... other products, i dive for aiwa, though... we have an aiwa VCR... yeah it retails at $645 (3 years ago), but it kills anything else i've ever seen... (no we didnt pay that for it... we payed $120 for it as NOS)

86hatchbackLXi
04-08-2003, 05:50 PM
aiwa should never have made subs

AccordEpicenter
04-09-2003, 04:38 AM
im not sure about their vcrs or anything, but ive heard a few of their shelf stereos at a few stores and wasnt impressed in the least (however im never impressed with those mini systems) and ive heard their decks and same thing. What else do they make?

TJ89Accord
04-09-2003, 10:38 AM
My brother had an Aiwa Mini system thing. and it stopped reading the cds. it was a piece of crap. My mom got one too, hers did the same thing. Ill never buy Aiwa.

tim

Vanilla Sky
04-09-2003, 01:44 PM
about the minisystems not reading CDs... aiwa has recalled them, and they will repair it for free... my dad's did that, but i've had to fix it several times due to the lack of a surge protector and a lightning rod that grounds out at the system and they won't fix it anymore...

the one i have hooked to my computer kis ass, but it sucked donkey balls when i had the stock speakers... now i have like 3 times more in the speakers as i did in the rest of the stereo... but it'll rattle houses down the street, with a single 8" in a kenwood home sub box (not the original kenwood sub)

aiwa makes DVD players, and they used to make killer television sets... makes the hi-scan trinitrons look "normal"... too bad a 21" cost like $650... needless to say, nobody bought them...

OH... they also make a lot of portables... personal cassettes and personal CD players and all, along with a few half-decent boomboxes

wallyyfm
04-10-2003, 07:52 PM
i have the first version of aiwas MP3 playing deck, it was good to me and i still use it, aiwa is great for home audio video, for car audio SONY SUCKS, but my aiwa has been good to me, so i will be nice...but i would go MATTS for subs anyday, i have rockfords, and they cant ever compare to MATTS

AccordEpicenter
04-11-2003, 03:33 AM
dude its MMATS and yeah they make killer stuff, like the Juggernaut and pro audio series stuff.

wallyyfm
04-11-2003, 04:53 AM
the juggernauts could make an old lady have an orgasm from a mile away...theres a van around here called the IMAGE van, it has 4 with alot of watts going through it, it destroys any stereos in town, owned by Image Audio, they do great work...

danronian
04-14-2003, 07:30 PM
I actually have a Aiwa component system from about 7 years ago and I have never heard such quality speakers on a mini system for $400. The cd player part of it sucks though, they havent yet agreed on how they are going to fix all of them yet, they just said they would and that they knew their cd players sucked.

cdscowboy
04-15-2003, 11:03 PM
From what i've heard about aiwa, they're okay, but if you can afford better, buy better stuff. I personally have had NO problems at all with my Sony setup (all around, 'cept the subs/amp) and I love the performance they give me.

maxoutracer
04-16-2003, 03:42 AM
aiwa sucks!

Speaker: MB Quarts and Pioneer
Sub: JL and BA
Deck: Pioneer and Alpine(my favorite)