PDA

View Full Version : tweeter/crossover mounting

ShawnS
04-07-2003, 09:24 PM
hello everyone.
i got new speakers today!!!!!:D
wildcat 5.25" components for $50 cdn. most likely not the best brand, but i can't even buy a really crappy set for $50 normally.
anyways, where does everyone mount their tweeters and crossovers? pics would be stellar.

Thanks

smufguy
04-09-2003, 01:44 PM
i Got my high end lanzars for 35 bucks USD a pair ;). Anywho i woudl say remove the black triangular plates that go inside the car and near the side mirrors? u kow what i am talkin about? the cover plates that u gotta remove to access the screws for the side mirror, if u have a non pwr side mirrors, forget it. but if u have pwr side mirrors its a very good plave.

I have seen some people put their tweeters on the ver edge of the dash close to the pillars and some on the doors near the door handles. I personally think its just out of the place and in the way of 'normal' space.

i really like the place near the side mirrors. The crossovers can go under the door panels. or under the dash or whereever u wanna hide it.

86hatchbackLXi
04-09-2003, 01:51 PM
i drilled holes in my doors for the tweeters and i mounted the crossovers on the bottom of the door. i had tweeters surface mounted at one point but it looks and sounds better if you take the time to flush mount them. its fairly easy if you have a dremel or a rotozip. it only takes like 5 min to get the door panel off.

pics are here: http://www.sounddomain.com/id/stunninlxi

smufguy
04-09-2003, 01:57 PM
that crossover is a eyecatcher huh? that thing is friggin hugeeeeeeeee.

ShawnS
04-09-2003, 07:21 PM
i ended up putting them in the door panel next to the door handle. it sounds good, but i'm curious how it would sound in the side mirror thing. too late now.

smufguy
04-10-2003, 06:38 AM
thats the set up all the new cars have for their tweeters. But its angled and it would only work for NON-FLUSH mount tweeters. I am talking about the ones near the side of the mirrors.

ShawnS
04-10-2003, 08:55 AM
yeah mine are flush mount.
next time i do this i'm going to build kick panels, i think everything will work better that way.

catalin
04-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ShawnS
yeah mine are flush mount.
next time i do this i'm going to build kick panels, i think everything will work better that way.

Speaking about kick panels, and seeing a how your in Vancouver.. :)
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/for%20sale/kick2.jpg

I was thinking of selling these things if you're interested, the vinyl can be cleaned up and painted any color to match your car. You can reach me at (604) 813-5167...

catalin
04-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Forgot to mention that they do come with grills too.
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/for%20sale/kick1.jpg

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2003, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't mind those speaker mounts. And what kind of pedals are those? I can't seem to find pedals that fit the clutch or gas pedal.

catalin
04-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Made by Ractive.. great cheap stuff :) You can check them out at Toucan Industries (www.toucanindustries.com)

catalin
04-11-2003, 11:18 PM
I'd like to get $300 for them including speakers... canadian funds of course.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2003, 11:28 PM
So that's like $170? US. Do you have 6X9's in the back deck? I have that same interior color. I'm planning on redoing the interior so I guess I wouldn't need to buy them. What speakers are those on the floor?

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Oh the link didn't work on my computer. Hmm. CF pedals. I have been trying to buy some Sparco pedals but I don't want to spend $55 to make my car heavier. I will spend like $25 for pedals. Did you have to modify them in anyway to fit?

catalin
04-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Pedals fit without any problems from what I remember. They have been on there for a couple of years now.
I have a hatchback... rebuilt the factory location for one 5 1/4" speaker on either side. Recoloring these pods shouldn't be a really big project at all.. or they could always be recovered in the appropriate color vinyl.

The speakers are PPI components with a small two way x-over mounted behind them.