PDA

View Full Version : Fast Blinkers

xbi0s
04-08-2003, 03:27 AM
Anyone do this yet and what did you use? (Other than removing bulbs)

Blue Impact
04-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Cut the wires for the blinkers on the front bumper then you'll have yourself a set of fast blinkers. This will mean that you will no longer have the blinkers on the front bumper.

However, with the front bumper wires being cut, you can splice the sidemarker wires and connect them, like many of us have done.

K DASH
04-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Wha? how does that work? more voltage makes it blink faster?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-08-2003, 05:53 PM
The turn signal relay relies on the resistance in the circuit to operate properly. Once you remove one bulb the resistance drops allowing the relay to operate faster. I am not sure but you could possibly use an LED bulb replacement in all or some of the turn signals which would cut down the resistance and allow you to have the relay working faster and make your lights blink more rapidly. :D

My $.02. :D

88 Accord DX
04-08-2003, 06:03 PM
here is one way:

http://sport-sedans.tripod.com/howto.htm#FastLights

crwa
04-08-2003, 06:40 PM
You can just buy bulbs that blink faster. I went to a shop one day and asked them about how to do this, and they showed me a set of bulbs that are designed to blink 4x faster then standard bulbs, but they are $30 a set (for 2 bulbs).

88 Accord DX
04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
yeah except they burn out twice as fast.

IWLSF
04-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Damn, I cant do that on my car because my bumper blinkers are red. No blue or red forward-facing lights, shucks.

crwa
04-08-2003, 07:45 PM
The 4x bulbs are in amber or red, they don't come in blue.

You can have blue bulbs facing forward, there's countless cars with them, cops won't hastle you about them, but side markers are another story.

xbi0s
04-09-2003, 06:23 AM
You cannot have blue markers forward.. You can get tickets for it, or an excuse to pull you over. Blue == Emergancy color

crwa
04-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Thats all part of the fun... risking driving each day. No really, you can get away with it, I've had mine for over a year on my accord, and for over a year on my last car.

My accord has blue front blinkers, upper parking light, side markers, and reverse bulbs and the only thing I've been hastled about was the side markers, and thats because they are on all the time. the police never said a word about the fronts or the reverse bulbs and he shined a flashlight in every single light I had.

but if you want fast bulbs then you can get amber, which is safe since you don't want to get in trouble, aww... Honestly do you think a cop is gonna waste his time to pull over a 3 gee with blue front turn signals, I think not.

My car is totally decked out and I never get a second glance from police, just don't do side markers.

Besides you would probably get pulled over for fast blinkers, the cop would probably think you had a signal out and stop you for that...

Why do you want fast blinkers anyway??? Street Glow makes a kit that you can get and you can even adjust how fast the blinkers go, its in there adds in Import Tuner all the time and its like $40, so just do that. (Jeez, I know way to much about this stuff).

crwa
04-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Oh, you can't get a real ticket, only a fix it ticket, which is just a warning, and it doesn't even go in your record, I know I've been pulled over three times for my aftermarker side markers and no one has ever said anything, like "you've been warned about these before."

Besides, you don't deserve blue bulbs anyway (j/k)

Just be safe and get amber. I would but I like being a rebel

Rosen99
04-16-2003, 06:50 AM
So then what would be easier..buying the bulbs..the kit...or doing it urself w/ some good-ol fashioned wire cutting and splicing..im always up for a challenge

Neuspeed007
04-16-2003, 07:45 AM
Ok just go to autozone and get a bigger fuse for ur lights, its supplies more power thus faster blinking. NOT HARD AT ALL

88 Accord DX
04-16-2003, 08:06 AM
there is also a way that you can solder a controller to the blinkers and you can actually control the speed of the blinkers from super slow to strobe light. but i cant find it. i think i posted it on here once but i still cant find it.

88 Accord DX
04-16-2003, 08:13 AM
here is the way i really like:

http://www.andrews.edu/~johnsonm/howto/hyperblinker.html

Neuspeed007
04-16-2003, 06:16 PM
how does removing a bulb make the signal faster?

88 Accord DX
04-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
how does removing a bulb make the signal faster?

Originally posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
The turn signal relay relies on the resistance in the circuit to operate properly. Once you remove one bulb the resistance drops allowing the relay to operate faster.

yeah

2old_honda
04-16-2003, 09:41 PM
so whats the point? why are you doing this? I have never understood why people do this kind of crap.

maxoutracer
04-17-2003, 05:22 AM
people want to make there ride stand out when at the corner signaling, hehe... i would just buy a hyper blinker reply on ebay est $20, i don't like cutting wires and shiet.

88 Accord DX
04-19-2003, 10:56 AM
okay i used the potentiometer except they only had 10K instead of 100K so its alot faster. its actually too fast. i need to try to find the 100K so i can make it how i want. its a very easy project. anyone who even thinks they know how to solder can do it.

bodym1
04-20-2003, 05:23 PM
http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/cosmetic/rapidflasher/

Neuspeed007
04-20-2003, 09:19 PM
thanks dude