PDA

View Full Version : BODY KITS....do they exist???

Rosen99
04-08-2003, 09:04 AM
In my frantic rush to finish my car b4 '2 Fast & Furious' comes out in June...Ive come to a slight dilemma....Body Kits are quite rare to come by for us 3G-ers. Ive onlt been able to find them @ 2 websites (www.NOPI.com & www.mokotoautotrends.com). Now these kits look nice, dont get me wrong, but Im wondering if there is a way I could order a frond end bumper kit for a '90 Accord or Prelude and just slap it on there. Will the measurements add up to a fit or will there be modifications that need to be done. DOES ANYONE HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE IN THIS FIELD....lemme know the clock is ticking.....:stupid:

wallyyfm
04-08-2003, 11:33 AM
:barf:

Accord3GFreak
04-08-2003, 11:59 AM
okay the 90' bumper will actually fit, but you'll have to make some seriouse mods. I hear it's a real bitch to put on, so what you should do is take it to a body shop and let them put it on. then mold the turnsignals to the bumpther so you don't get that wierd look on it. it look around i the accord pics sections you'll find some pics and then you'll know what i'm talking about. Just mold the corner the the bumper in ther words. good luck

shepherd79
04-08-2003, 06:08 PM
oh great, now bunch of ricers will be driving their cars around and trying to race after the "2 fast, 2 furious". the roads are going to be flooded with cars with looks and no go.

88 Accord DX
04-08-2003, 06:11 PM
you can buy a 4th gen kit (which is what im gonna do) and put it on a 3Gee but it gonna take some modding. im not sure how much. i know some of the top has to be cut for the lights to go up and down properly. ill prolly just get a body shop to do it for me.

88 Accord DX
04-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
oh great, now bunch of ricers will be driving their cars around and trying to race after the "2 fast, 2 furious". the roads are going to be flooded with cars with looks and no go.

my car is going to be all show, no go. you have a problem with it? the only difference is im not gonna be trying to race it. im all about style.

bobafett
04-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79

well whatcha complaining about? more easy kills! :)

wallyyfm
04-09-2003, 07:16 AM
this is why chevy makes a 350...

AcCoRd88
04-11-2003, 08:37 PM
talking about body kits there is a body kit for a 3rd generation accord out there a buddy of mine had it on his and he is going to sell his car so he is giving it to me and when i get the name i will put it out there and i think it is xenon that makes a body kit for 1987-1989 Accords

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
well whatcha complaining about? more easy kills! :)

Ya damn right!!! Those are the fun kills b/c you can laugh your ass off at them :lol:

Downlow89LX
04-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Has anyone thought of using a 90-93 integra front bumper on our cars? I think it would fit a bit better than the accord bumper because they are a little bit squarer than the accords. All we would have to do is either cut the bump in the center of the bumper off or take off the grill on the hood. Just an idea.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 12:01 AM
I'll have to do some measuring with my bros 92 integra

buzzbomber88lx
04-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh my...another body kit question. I'm not saying nothing. Oh crap I already did! All I can say is RICE!!!

i.c.
04-13-2003, 10:07 AM
have you seen the skyline style for a 90 and up accord, that's the one i want...

bobafett
04-13-2003, 10:08 AM

i have said it once and i will say it again. 4g accord kits do not, will not, and can not look good on a 3g.

if you must retrofit a kit PLEASE at least get a prelude or 86-89 integra kit so the boxy lines are maintained. im sure they would take less modification as well. :)

AcCoRd88
04-13-2003, 06:14 PM
hey downlow are you from colorado??????????????????

bobafett
04-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Downlow89LX
Has anyone thought of using a 90-93 integra front bumper on our cars? I think it would fit a bit better than the accord bumper because they are a little bit squarer than the accords. All we would have to do is either cut the bump in the center of the bumper off or take off the grill on the hood. Just an idea.

88 integra fronts will fit with minor modifications.. :) check out low tek's thread.. :)

Rosen99
04-14-2003, 08:43 AM
OK...just got it installed this weekend..lemme tel u guys....IT LOOKS SO DAMN HOT!!!!....Wings West makes a kit for the 90-93 Integra called the Big Mouth...get the Fron Air Dam Only and all I had to do was have holes shaved and cut out for the bumper lenses...got the whole thing done for bout $500 and it was well worth it....another one out there is the AGGRESSOR front Bumper Kit by Wings West...just as vicious but i went w/ the toned down look...check em out www.wingswest.com

bobafett
04-14-2003, 01:33 PM
piiiiiictures...?

goldyaccord
04-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by bobafett

i have said it once and i will say it again. 4g accord kits do not, will not, and can not look good on a 3g.

if you must retrofit a kit PLEASE at least get a prelude or 86-89 integra kit so the boxy lines are maintained. im sure they would take less modification as well. :)

I agree with Chris, but i think the 90-93 teg kits woul look better than accords of the same year.

Neuspeed007
04-15-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 88 Accord DX
my car is going to be all show, no go. you have a problem with it? the only difference is im not gonna be trying to race it. im all about style.

and ur gonna get laughed at alot. Why? because ur driving around in a fixed up 3rd gen when everybody on the street already thinks it's weak sauce. prove em wrong, and ull turn some heads.

nick-

Neuspeed007
04-15-2003, 06:39 AM
why dont u newbies ever just use the search button for body kits, nate made a very successfull thread about all the kits for the car. it would of saved rosen alot of time and me some air from laughing when i saw that u were fixing up ur ride just in time for 2 fast 2 furious

give me a break---:puke:

iloveJDMblackrims69
04-15-2003, 04:54 PM
:werd:

Rosen99
04-16-2003, 05:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neuspeed007
[B]why dont u newbies ever just use the search button for body kits, nate made a very successfull thread about all the kits for the car. it would of saved rosen alot of time and me some air from laughing when i saw that u were fixing up ur ride just in time for 2 fast 2 furious

Hey Neuspeed007...not to impune on ur glorious words of wisdom but I wasnt wasting my time looking into this...For one....the search engine thingee on here sux....I feel..no wait....i know I get a faster better response from ppl who know what theyre talking about in a couple short replies....the only thing im laughing at is the fact that ive noticed all u do on here is criticize ppl for what theyre doing to their cars....dont be hating buddy....u dont have anything nice to say...then keep ur mouth shut....u think any of us on here wanna read about how all u can say is down other ppl....i dont think thats what this site is all about...I could on forever abuot this but it just aint worth it....
:werd:

Neuspeed007
04-16-2003, 07:50 AM
just trying to save u some time dude, and no i dont ctiticize peoples rides, i was just giving 88 dx some advice. . Its just funny as hell that people built up their cars just in time for a movie, anybopdy could agree. And u can ask any administrator; USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. i learned that lesson a while ago., im not gonna argure this more late-

Rosen99
04-16-2003, 08:00 AM
well then its all good buddy..no harm done here

87accordHB
04-16-2003, 08:06 AM
im sorry to be an ass and all, but there ARE SO MANY FUCKING THREADS regarding this damn topic. what the hell is wrong with the fucking search button!?!?!?!?!?!? i mean DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! ok ok, im sry, that made me feel a little better. no offence rossen99, but this question has been asked by different people at least twice a week. Ive only been here since September and let me say, my eyes hurt from seeing this question asked many times. But as you can see, there is plent of info on this subject. Glad to hear you got it slapped together before the movie came out. Enjoy. nice to meet ya to btw. lol.

p.s. As you can tell, im just a lil stressed out from the hand that life has delt me. lol.

Rosen99
04-16-2003, 08:40 AM
no harm here...i totally understadn where u & Neuspeed007 are coming from....there are some questions that just get constantly asked all the time like engine swaps etc......its all good in da hood....

87accordHB
04-16-2003, 12:29 PM
see!!! why cant other people just understand...i like this kat! lol. Do you got pics yet? Lookin foward to chkin it out. Hurry with it lil man! lol

military mase
04-16-2003, 06:07 PM
if you want to see a pic of a 90-93 teg kit on a 3g look on the thread in the pic section that says military mases blue accord and brians sweet blue accord. I got this kit done on the car 2 mths ago. It can be done but it's gonna cost a little bit to mod it.

rotcjay
04-16-2003, 11:23 PM
check out www.groundeffects.com