PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gas Milage

LyFeWoRx
04-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Ok besides my idle problem, i have bad gas milage, well atleast i think it is. I use just 87 octane gas in it, because its not like my turbo dsm that needs the highest octane possible. The car gets only about 200miles city driving on the tank. Is this low? It seems low, it seems what my DSM gets. Im going ot keep searching around, but if you could throw any recommendations, on what to do, that would be awesome.

-Michael

shepherd79
04-08-2003, 04:45 PM
the bad gas milage cab be caused by dirty carburator, dirty air filter, old fuel filters, bad spark plugs and spark plug wires, distributor cap or rotor.
anyway, when was the last time you did tune up?

89 Accords Rock
04-09-2003, 08:29 AM
try changind your pcv valve and your fuel pump./

Grant2k
04-09-2003, 09:06 AM
the fuel pump should be a last resort. i would look into everything that Alex said first.

ACCORD EX
04-09-2003, 10:09 AM
after you've done everything that alex said you can try to adjust AIR FUEL mixture screw ! ( if you are carbed ! )

MIKE

Haolerot
04-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
the bad gas milage cab be caused by dirty carburator, dirty air filter, old fuel filters, bad spark plugs and spark plug wires, distributor cap or rotor.
anyway, when was the last time you did tune up?

I did all of that stuff and i still have bad gas millage...i have a carb...what else can i do??

1988starter
04-09-2003, 05:58 PM
our cars need a sealed gas tank if the gasket on your gas cap is no longer sealing then you will loose mileage. Mine failes so I bought a smaller one for a water pump ans put it under the stock no problems sense.

89AccordLXI666
04-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Yeah I too have experienced bad gas mileage... I filed up my gas yesterday with 87 Octane and now it's almost empty today.... It might be the spark plugs cuz I havent changed them, and two of the spark plugs are from BOSH and the other two I'm not sure I haven't changed them since I bought it from a private dealer, so I bet thats my prob... I have already cleaned my carb so I know it isn't that.... I gotta look into it more to know for sure... i couls aslo have bad fuel filters too huh... Lataz