PDA

View Full Version : Trans question

88fasthatch
04-08-2003, 05:28 PM
My car is great at ripping up the town, but when I get on the freeway and drive for about 35-45 minutes, give or take. I have to give more and more gas to keep her going. and if a hill comes up then she just slows down. and will not shift down to other gears. AUTOMATIC BY THE WAY! and imput would be great. I have changed the trans fluid at every three oil changes due to the fact that our filters are on the inside and the tranny must be taken apart to gain acess.:confused:

shepherd79
04-08-2003, 05:57 PM
what kind trany fluid do you use?
some people use Lucas oil, and they say it works.

ACCORD EX
04-09-2003, 10:02 AM
why don't you use HONDA OEM stuff ?

MIKE

DBMaster
04-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Lucas oil in an automatic?

Does anyone on here know what Honda's thinking is in not allowing for easy changing of the transmission filter? Obviously, the internal screen must not be that fine or it would plug up at some point. I was never much of a fan of having to remove pans to get to transmission filters. I wonder why they could not all be like Saturn's. It is a spin on filter just like the one for the oil.

You can get aftermarket kits that install in the tranny cooler line, but I would be leery of that. If it restricted the fluid flow much you would have a problem. Even though I do have over 200K miles on my original tranny I still think this is an area that Honda has overlooked.

88fasthatch
04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
I have used chevron and valvoline ATF and the problem is still here. I just dont take that car on long drives where the speed is constant.