PDA

View Full Version : Wheel repair

86AccordLxi
04-08-2003, 08:28 PM
There are a couple of pits and some curbing on the wheels i just bought. Can I get that fixed (i'm pretty sure i can)? Where? And how much approx?

Alex

nanaimo_honda_accord
04-08-2003, 09:58 PM
well up here in the vancouver, bc area there is a place called green's automotive that does excellent work

86AccordLxi
04-08-2003, 10:30 PM
How much does it cost.. the wheel is in good condition, only minor repair needed.

Alex

86AccordLxi
04-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Looks like it costs like ~$100 from a quick online search...is there any way to do it yourself or is it just too difficult?

Alex

AccordEpicenter
04-09-2003, 04:07 AM
if they are not structurally damaged id just sand them or grind them smooth, prime and spray paint the area. You can do it with the tires on, just be sure to mask well. Ive done this to 2 set of wheels and both turned out great.

crwa
04-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Hey Alex, I know of a shop in Beaverton that does amazing wheel repair. I curbed one of my rims a while back and the shop did such an amazing job.

It was $150 and it looks perfect, next time you see my car see if you can tell where the repair was done.

On alloy wheels, what the shop does is heat the rim and smooth out the curb/blimish, they then blend out the curb which is an indentation, after it is blended they recoat the entire rim so it will look brand new again, And don't wory about it being a different shade or color then the other irms, mine is the exact same color as the other alloys.

Don't try to do it youself, thats what I was going to do, but you probably will just make it worse or cause more problems.

It's called Skips Wheel Works, in Beaverton, look it up in the phone book and if you can't find it let me know or give me a call, 971-235-2629 and I'll find the number for you.

He does amazing work , but he will have the rim for at least a week. Everytime I go out there he always has brand new BMW's, and Porches out there getting there rims fixed, so he is a quality guy and goes amazing work. If I curbed another rim he would do the repairs again for sure, because he did such a great job.

Well good luck, and let me know if you take it to him. He can be trusted and will do a job that will blow you away, he made my freak show rim look new again, and I curbed it good, well my girlfriend curbed it good, she said I had plenty of room and the next thing I knew I was scrapin on the curb, and boy was I pissed for two weeks, I think the whole downtown area heard to cuss.

bobafett
04-12-2003, 09:44 AM
lol good to know for my rims! :) hehe would cost like $500 to fix all of mine! dunno if thats worth it!

crwa
04-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Ummm... No. Sorry Boba, but if I remember right your rims have a chrome rim/outer lip, and that can't be fixed, chrome can't be redone on rims, the inner part maybe if its alloy be it will cost more for the color to be matched.

You'd be better off buying a whole new set of rims if you want clean ones.

bobafett
04-12-2003, 11:30 AM
silver polished lip and gunmetal coated spokes... there no chrome :)

goldyaccord
04-14-2003, 08:43 AM
yeah, They are polished lip. no chrome. just a clear coat.