PDA

View Full Version : CV and ROTOR

smufguy
04-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Is there anyway i can remove THe cv shaft (axles) and the rotor as a single unit without removing the lock nut on the rotor and remove the CV out indivitually?

What are all the things i have to unbolt/remove to remove just the CV + rotor (HUB) as a single unit? I am pulling my engine out, thats why. Thanks for the help though.

ACCORD EX
04-09-2003, 02:56 PM
here is the proper procedure but i don't know if you can do it anyother faster way ! >

loosen hub nut ( spindle nut 32mm )
loosen the lower balljoint nut
loosen the tie rod ends castle nut !
i don't remember if you can get the shaft out with getting out the damper fork ! ( but i think you have to )
pull the whole hub assemble towards you till you can get the shaft out of the hub's groove !
take the shaft out of the tranny ! ( fluid will get out ! )

if you want to entirely get the hube assembly out you 'll have to loosen the upper balljoint !

good luck !

MIKE

88fasthatch
04-09-2003, 05:33 PM
- tire off
- brake line off of strut
- pinch fork (upper and lower mounts.)
- lower ball joint
- and then you should be able to carefully use a pry bar to separate axel from tranny.:pimp:

smufguy
04-10-2003, 06:33 AM
here is what i have, i have a 5spd if it makes anything different. also, this is what i have done so far.

- I have removed the upper control arms and the strut assembly with the dampering fork is removed.

I wanna know if i can remove the CV axle and the Rotor/HUB as a single unit?? I dont wanna remove the spindle nut on the HUB/ROTOR. IS there anyway i can just remove the upper and lower ball joint and the whole thing just come off? I mean, i hafta remove the caliper and brake lines, but can i do that?

note: I dont wanna remove CV axle and the HUB/ROTOR seperately if possible.

Scorpion88LX
04-10-2003, 06:37 AM
i think you can if you just pop the lower ball joint and the steering joint. If you have removed the strut/coil than you just need to pry the inner cv out and it should all pull out.

smufguy
04-10-2003, 06:45 AM
thanks Ryan. Thats the kinda explanation i was looking for. If i could or could not do. ANd mike, tell me more dude. U know a lot about this. come on :D