PDA

View Full Version : Complete Big Brake Setup (pics)

RobT5580
04-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Ok i decided to finish them today even though its still raining since it may rain this weekend anyway. The CNC bracket was perfect with the extra 1/16 taken off. Here are the pictures.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p2d6dfc4c612e0a27c8d785772134afac/fc5d36ab.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p7bad57a5697b1f71d1031844378f7422/fc5d3622.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p59744b9c19f884d50ae23face8e701a8/fc5d3596.jpg

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Very Nice Sir! Now only if we had calipers to go with that!~ So any thought on selling the brackets? Have u driven the car yet? Do u feel the diffrent? Also I posted it on the other thread! But I guess u missed it. Are you planning on doing anything to your suspension. Since your going turbo. I remember wicked accord had some minor problems with his bushing. Just curious to know if have put any thought into that! any ideas or suggestions you have would help!

RobT5580
04-09-2003, 04:42 PM
My suspension is all brand new so im gonna see how things go with it. I dont mess around with my projects i get all new parts and replace it all. When i did the suspension i got Koni struts, H&R Springs, Suspension Tech Sway Bars, Now have both Strut tower braces, all new bushings, control arms.

Im probably gonna do a group buy for the brackets since i dont have a lot of free time and the money will have to be paid up front if i do it. I already have a lot invested in this project and it will be a good deal providing you can get the AEM Rotors at a fair price. Check the Market Place for my post on them.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
My suspension is all brand new so im gonna see how things go with it. I dont mess around with my projects i get all new parts and replace it all. When i did the suspension i got Koni struts, H&R Springs, Suspension Tech Sway Bars, Now have both Strut tower braces, all new bushings, control arms.

Im probably gonna do a group buy for the brackets since i dont have a lot of free time and the money will have to be paid up front if i do it. I already have a lot invested in this project and it will be a good deal providing you can get the AEM Rotors at a fair price. Check the Market Place for my post on them.

Thanx! Rob! You really don't fuck around do u!~ I can't wait to see all the cars!

RobT5580
04-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Well i learned the hard way and waisted a lot of time and money. Basically when i only had my other coupe i bought parts and put them on one at a time. It didnt work well because by the time i finished my suspension it already needed struts and new brakes from all the miles i put on it. So i found that doing one section all at once was the best so i did all the suspension components at once. Now im doing the motor all at once but its expensive to do it this way but its the only way to do it right. Oh and the brakes do stop a lot better and i wasnt even that hard on them since they are new.

Neuspeed87lx
04-09-2003, 06:48 PM
rob...i am so jelous of your car

Coroncho80
04-09-2003, 06:53 PM
God danm! that is a sexy job. Nice rob, nice :super:

No offence to Justin, but I think that after you finish with your coupe, your car will be better than justin's. Not only for performance, but for looks too. It's so nice when a car has both things; Performance and looks!

You hear that Matt!? Performance and looks!!! :lol

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
God danm! that is a sexy job. Nice rob, nice :super:

No offence to Justin, but I think that after you finish with your coupe, your car will be better than justin's. Not only for performance, but for looks too. It's so nice when a car has both things; Performance and looks!

You hear that Matt!? Performance and looks!!! :lol

Yeah Ok !

IWLSF
04-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Lookin good, just time to through on some 4-pots now to match.

BoredRec
04-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Curious, since you got the bigger rotors, how would NSX calipers sound for a bigger, fatter, 4pot system? I've heard of it done with V-TEC Preludes, and my friend tried it with his 95 Accord (it didn't work, need more money to try a different knuckle).

IWLSF
04-09-2003, 09:54 PM
It'd be difficult to incorporate an ABS system as well though too...

RobT5580
04-10-2003, 06:58 AM
If it wasnt for Justin i probably wouldnt be doing a turbo. Justin has been a big help to me and he has a lot of money in his car. Fortunatly prices dropped over the years and i think he said his intercooler was like $800-$1000 so i have an advantage. Plus his was all custom and i can buy an off the shelf turbo manifold so thats a lot cheaper. I thought of using a different caliper especially after i saw a Porsche Cayenne Caliper. But that will take a lot of work to use a different caliper and i dont have the time right now. I think my upgrade was plenty for what i need now. It was great on the way in to work today.

carotman
04-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Nice brake setup!!!

Now we all want one :)

guaynabo89
04-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Looks very good. Don't you just love the way the rotors fill the space behind big wheels. It looks nice and balanced when you have the back ones too.:D

I have a question for you. Is that rotor hat painted silver or is it like a polished look? Just wondering cause mine have red hats and the red just don't cut it.:mad:

RobT5580
04-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Its looks like the normal metal not polished.

Morpheus
04-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Wot car is that for? How many pots are the calipers?

It's nice! I want some real brakes for my car.

Rear drums and one pots=no fun

Own3d
04-13-2003, 08:56 AM
ok so where did u get the rotors from?

LX-i Girl
04-13-2003, 09:54 AM
that's awesome! me want!

RobT5580
04-13-2003, 10:06 AM
I bought the AEM Kit for Civics/Integra's and had a whole new bracket made up. I was willing to sell the hardware to do this conversion (see in market place) but seems to be a lack of interest. The kit usually runs about $420 for the AEM kit. All you would need to buy is the rotors from AEM and new brake lines (highly recommended since most of our lines were original honda lines). It has been on since wednesday and i like them a lot. They definatly stop a lot better than any other aftermarket setup i have had. So if anyone is interested make sure to leave a comment in the market place but it looks like 3 others want them so it will be a one time offer.

Neuspeed007
04-13-2003, 05:06 PM
lookin good