PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me why all of these dash lights are on?

meohmy01
04-09-2003, 04:30 PM
the car in question is a 94 accord lx coupe. the abs light is and the srs (airbag) light is on. they were both on when i bought the car. the airbags were replaced after the car was totalled and rebuilt (why i got it so cheap) but the light is on. any help would be appreciated.

shepherd79
04-09-2003, 05:07 PM
did you try resetting ECU?

meohmy01
04-09-2003, 05:20 PM
oh. i should probably mention that it has the ecu out of a 94 prelude.

AccordEpicenter
04-09-2003, 08:17 PM
well i dont think that is the correct ecu, its not mapped for an F22, or even an accord... Anyways, abs light can be a bunch of things. SRS light is probably a sensor or somthing that has to be reset.

IWLSF
04-09-2003, 09:20 PM
First of all, he didnt say what type of ECU it was out of. The S trim Ludes come with a F22 motor, so the ECU would bolt right in. And really, the H-series and F-series are of roughly the same design, just different specs. I've never heard of swapping ECU's, but anything's possible with Honda lol.

You need to run a Scan Tool and check for MIL's. I dont know where you could go for that, and I dont think you'd spend a couple grand just to check them out lol. SRS light more than likely indicates the sensor is not functioning properly, and the airbag will not deploy if you get into a wreck. There can be multiple reasons though as to the exact cause. ABS is another situation. There could have been a brake job done and the accumulator was not bled properly, or there could be too much air in the system, who knows. Both of these could be linked to innumerable amounts of problems. The easiest way would be going to the dealership unless you possess your own knowledge/tools.

meohmy01
04-10-2003, 03:28 AM
i swapped the ecu to go with the swapped engine. but the lights were on before i did the swap so that leads me to believe that there is a problem.

i have plenty of tools. im just a little short on knowlege and i don't really have the money to go to a dealer. damn computers

AccordEpicenter
04-10-2003, 04:21 AM
yeah, i think the pinouts are different, but the big thing is you dont wanna go and start randomly testing stuff, airbags can go off. I think you need a honda electrical system troubleshooting manual... Its gonna need some time too.

carotman
04-10-2003, 07:29 AM
did you even check the fuses?

AccordEpicenter
04-10-2003, 11:19 AM
even if the fuses are bad, i doubt thatd solve anything, fuses go bad for reasons, some serious some not but they need to be corrected if you expect the new fuse to hold up

meohmy01
04-10-2003, 12:37 PM
someone always has to say check the fuses. id like to think that i was slightly more intelegent than that.