PDA

View Full Version : I need to know something.

Reptile
04-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Are the Wireing harness and the Computer problem areas when doing an B20A swap into an 89 LX-i? My mechanic said that when people do engine swaps those are the two places they always have the most trouble with. I'm wanting to swap a JDM spec B20A engine into a USA 89 Accord LX-i. Are there any other problem areas I should know about before I do this? How much will it cost? Do I need anything other than just the B20A engine?

Thank you all for your help.

Reptile
04-09-2003, 08:59 PM
By the way I want it to have a auto tranny, not a manual. The LX-i will be a auto trannied car and I want to try and find a B20A auto as well to replace it if I can't just keep the old tranny. Will the A20A tranny work well with the JDM spec B20A or do I need the JDM spec tranny as well?

IWLSF
04-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the mechanic is right. 9 times out of 10, if there's a problem with a motor swap, it'll be ECU/wiring related. Most people around here will even swap in the motor's themselves, then go to a shop to run the wiring and to make sure it's right. As far as the tranny, I think you'll be hard pressed to find an auto tranny JDM motor. They arent too popular over there, especially not a high performance motor. As for the specs for the swap, wait up to see if anyone else answers, I dont know the details on the swap (due to my lack of interest with it).

2old_honda
04-09-2003, 11:30 PM
The a20 transmission will not bolt to the b20.
Most of the b20's came with a auto tranny, you will be able to get one. A b20 that comes with a manual trans is actually pretty rare.

IWLSF
04-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow, I woulda never guessed. How are the guy's around here? Do they have have an auto setup on their B20's?

Reptile
04-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Good, the auto trannied one is the one that I want. What about the Wireing Harness/ECU question?