PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on?!?!

Chrome_thangs
05-31-2002, 05:34 PM
O.K. What is the deal here? I'm riding down the street and my battery light came on. I didn't think nothing of it until my radio started cutting on and off. Next my headlights came to a dim my car started running like shit and i could smell my exhaust strong. When i got home i looked under the hood nothing out of the ordinary. Now it won't start!! My fluid levels were fine, all my plugs were fine, etc.
What is going on? Is it my alternater? I just tested my battery it was fine. Please someone help!!!!!!!!!! :sadwave:

shepherd79
05-31-2002, 05:49 PM
AHHH, have you checked your alternator belt?
that may be the problem.

YK86
05-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Sounds like your alternator is dead.

Chrome_thangs
05-31-2002, 09:40 PM
I thought it was the alternator too but i decided to check my little light under the driver's side seat. It blinked 14 times which means an IAC Valve. Would that make it not start? The headlights still come on but it won't crank although it feels like it wants to.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-31-2002, 11:05 PM
Based on the posts you have made man I have a strong feeling that you have electrical problems somewhere (no shit huh) Either a short, ground problem....something. But this particular issue I would say is thw alternator, not sure about your engine code.

CoAsTeR
06-01-2002, 05:54 AM
make sure your battery connections are tight and not corroded. Check your grounds, that could definitly be an issue.

88LXiHB
06-01-2002, 01:23 PM
A while back my lights and radio would cut off as I drove, much like you described, all it was was my positive battery wires needed to be tightend on the connector thing that goes on the battery post....

Did that make any sense, if not I'll try again...:D

Jerren
06-01-2002, 03:48 PM
when my altenator went bad i had the same problems minus the exhaust smell.

staticpat
06-02-2002, 05:13 PM
when my alternator seized up, my overflow radiator tank started boiling and spraying down the engine like a geyser, and smelt like fish. i think it broke some belt somewhere, not entirely sure. other symptoms were about the same as what you described .odd things happen when alternators go bad.

89accordmeister
06-03-2002, 03:18 PM
I had the same problem........the exhaust smell i had too.....my car was out of juice and backfired and blew out my cat converter gasket.....but mine did the same damn thing