PDA

View Full Version : No Power

Haolerot
04-10-2003, 10:26 AM
My car has some serious problems right now...it wont got past 95 mph...my rpms are at 7k...when i 1st got my car i never opened it up but i went like 105mph...i never wanted to open it up cause i thought my tires would blow...but rite when i got my tires and rims i felt alot of loss of power.... but then sommin else happend...one day i was openining it up and it was maxing at 95mph..so ive done soo much to fix it or make it faster... changed oil..all fluids...also its an automatic..and my d4 is fucked up...when it goes about 50 mph if i let off the gas a little it goes into nuetral and just revs...so ii have to race in D3.....any suggestion on what to do????

pimp86LX
04-10-2003, 10:57 AM
fix your tranny :D

It would be a good time to do a auto-manual swap!

AccordEpicenter
04-10-2003, 11:21 AM
if you got bigger rims, im sure you felt the car being slower, its just because you have heavier wheels/tires

Haolerot
04-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Isnt the auto-maunuel swap hard???and auto tranny are hard to fix rite...???

IWLSF
04-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Just because he got new rims doesnt make them heavier automatically. My rims I replaced the factory ones with are 7.9 lbs, and 15 inchers. The speedometer will read slower, but it'll only be by like 0.20 mph, nothing too noticeable lol. I think it's tranny related myself, but I dont own an auto, and the last ASE course we have is Manual/Auto tranny.

Grant2k
04-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
if you got bigger rims, im sure you felt the car being slower, its just because you have heavier wheels/tires
it's because it changes your gear ratios, not because they're heavier, like IWLSF said.

nothing's wrong with your car because you shouldn't be going that fast anyway, naughty boy.