PDA

View Full Version : security system(alarm)

Microstreak
04-10-2003, 07:37 PM
i've been thinking about getting a alarm system, i had one before, but it was cut up by a rat (no im not joking). anyway, Im afraid of an alarm taking too much power from the car while its off. is there a real concern for this? Im just trying to see the benefit of it. also how difficult is it to install the alarm system, say w/ a remote start (i have an auto).

while im talking about the alarm, i want to get tintz but lately (several mths) my front windows haven't been going down all the way and on my front drivers side window ther are alot of vertical scratches as if something inside is scratching it. anybody have any clue what this maybe about? or about the windows not going all the way down? im guessing its b/c of my speakers, but they went down after i installed them, only after 2-3 mths after i installed the speakers, i think it was december when it started happening, it wont go all the way down. any suggestions would be useful

POS carb
04-10-2003, 08:12 PM
1. no modern alarms draw minimal power, you can leave your alarm armed for months.

2. take your damn door panel off and check lol. if the scratches go all the way top to bottom of the window then the problem lies at the top of your door. If the scratches go half way then look in the middle, etc.

Microstreak
04-13-2003, 07:00 PM
OH, ok, and my windows don't go all the way down, im thinkin bout opening it up and testin it all out to see whts up.

Rosen99
04-14-2003, 08:32 AM
the alarm wont draina thing buddy.....u could get throwon in jail for 6 mos...come out and disarm ur car..start it up...go see ur girl..its all good.....anyways...i had the same window problem though.....first ur gonna need a new motor for both sides tog et the fullac tion going upa dn down again...thenget new windows (to replace the scratched ones)...then get new window/door molding where the window slides in & out of...the reason being bc our cars are so old...the rubber gets old and tough and grainy...over time that produces scratches that show up and look REALLY bad if u get it tinted...beleive me i went thru the same shit....but i did everyting i just explained bout 4 mos ago adn they havnt looked better