PDA

View Full Version : Something below carb?

Mantis88LX
04-11-2003, 05:22 PM
i remember reading on here a while back that there is something below the carb over the intake area that is a emission device and removing it will help improve flow, can some one help me out on what this is or does or if i will have problems removing it? ? ?

thanx, sorry if i confused you.

A20A1
04-11-2003, 05:59 PM
it's the EFE screen... :D

goddamn I'm pissed. fuck! shit!
nothing related.

Mantis88LX
04-11-2003, 06:03 PM
WHat part is this on? is it above the intake manifold or in the middle of the carb, and if i removed it would i still be able to put the carb back together?

thanx , ohh and waht is its purpose? just emissions?

Mantis88LX
04-15-2003, 07:20 AM
nm i busted it out, it does seem like it helped a tad bit.

mindlos
04-15-2003, 08:14 AM
That is the Early Fuel Evaporator. Or at leat close to that. It a plate between the carb and manifold. It has an electrical connection for the heater and has a mesh/screen right under the primary barrel and not the secondary. The screen wired so that it heats up and evaporates the fuel when the engine temp is below 60*C/140*F. Higher than that it receives no power so pretty much gets useless. That definitely would be a restrictor.

ACCORD EX
04-15-2003, 11:26 AM
and why does it do that ?? ( just curious )

MIKE

mindlos
04-16-2003, 05:47 AM
Before the engine warms up and manifold gets warm/hot from circulating coolant, its hard for the fuel to evaporate. Since its the fumes/gas phase rather than the liquid phase that is readily combustible (liquid gas will put out a fire but dont try it at home) the engine needs help getting high saturation of combustible gas, hence the early fuel evaporator. On super cold days the engine would probably run a little rougher without it or be hard to get going. I dont know if in reality it would be that different.