PDA

View Full Version : Carbed 1.8L options

hky85accord
04-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey everybody, 1st post here and yes, I know my 85 accord isn't a 3rd gen but I'm hoping somebody on here may be able to help me out. With the recent loss of my civics (long painful story) I've been mourning another honda project, I picked up a 85 Accord for a reasonable price. It runs absolutely great but I'm wondering what options the carbed 1.8 may have. Also, anybody know any swap options I may have?

thx

1989 DX R
04-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Hmm...actually, we have a couple 2Gee fellas here, one is 3Gee powered with dual Webers and the other is stock as far as I know.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Doesn't Pearldrop have a 2G? Got it for free too. Well it was free then had to pay the dues and what not. (can you see I read these threads a lot?)

89AccordLXI666
04-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Well you could start off by getting an exhaust system, paint some parts in the interior, some nice rims, paint job if needed, tint the windows, get a high-flow catalac converter, engine swap... those are just some idea's to get you started or something to think upon to let you know what "Some" of your options may be... hope that helps bro... Lataz... oh hey Welcome aboard and welcome to the family of 3geez.com :-) Later bro.

hky85accord
04-11-2003, 09:01 PM
well, I had planned on a new set of tires/rims, new paint, cleaning and re-doing most of my interior, full exaust, sunroof, tint, and a bit of a sound system, but my biggest question is about the engine. Carbed imports are new territory to me, I know fuel injection up one side and down the other (IMO)

Is there like a page for newbies at this?

Also, the guy that has the 3rd gen powered 2nd gen, any body have info on that swap?

PhydeauX
04-11-2003, 10:44 PM
That would be me. The 3rd gen motor is basically a bored out 2nd gen motor. All you have to do is swap the mount brackets from the 2nd gen motor to the 3rd gen and it'll bolt right in. You'll need to use either a 2nd gen accord or 2nd gen carbed prelude tranny and flywheel so your axles will fit. If you'd rather have efi there was a SE-i version of the 85 accord that had a pgm-fi setup. Rather rare though. You could also try to use a 3rd gen efi motor. You'll have to do a bit of splicing, but the wireing is very similar. The major changes to the accord from 2nd to 3rd gen were in suspension.

andy