PDA

View Full Version : Re: "Non Honda swaps" post

POS carb
04-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Lots of talk in the beginning of converting the 3gee in to RWD. It can be done but you're thinking about it in the wrong way.

If you look under the car (and under the small ass hood) there's not much room for anything, especially a "Chevy V-8" and much less the tranny and driveshaft that would go to that without a Ranchero lift kit.

Think outside the box. How do you get RWD without a driveshaft down the middle? Mid / Rear engine. Think about it, have you ever seen a mid 90's Legend? It's FWD but the block sits like a RWD car, the tranny is rigged to put power sideways. So move that FWD setup out back. Think Acura NSX. RWD mid engine V6. Engine sits in front of/on the rear wheels it spins with a badass 6-speed tranny connected to the front seat leather covered shifter. MMmmmm :tongue:

But anyways lol that brings up another point, you'd lose the rear seats, it would be much nicer to have a rear engine setup and keep the back seats and convert the engine bay into a huge trunk. To do that with a Honda engine though wouldn't work, they spin backwards and using the Honda/Acura engine/trans it would rewuire custom gears st least snd your gearshift would be backwards and damn nevermind you can soup up a bug engine and put it on lol. :stick: :werd: :smokin: :super: :flip:

IWLSF
04-12-2003, 05:48 AM
LoL, sounds like you're just having too much fun thinking of all of these solutions.

gr3k0sLaV
04-12-2003, 11:12 PM
all talk of non-honda engine swaps and everything, as I've said before and many times before, it's just pure 'masterbation' no one on here will seriously bother doing it, and even more can't even afford to. It's just breeding false hope, fact is discuss, discuss discuss at the end of the day it's down to dollars, experience and really the main question is it worth it?

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Speak for yourself dude. I'm not poor by no means. Who knows I'm sure someone will do this someday. It's not like someone will do it right away without discussing it for awhile. Hell I discussed getting a weber for 3 months before I bought it.

Strahan
04-13-2003, 08:41 AM
The amount of work to implement that would probably far exceed the work required to do a front engine-rwd scenario. You would just need to cut the floor and build a tunnel for the driveline. You'll also have to do alot of body-shoring, unibodies don't take well to being hacked apart. Ideally, build a tube frame vehicle and drop the Accord shell on it. Totally custom frame/driveline/suspension with Accord look and interior. Much better.

POS carb
04-13-2003, 11:52 AM
perfect. think outside the box

POS carb
04-13-2003, 11:53 AM
think widebody kit and some tubs for your 275/40/17 rear tires

Grant2k
04-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by gr3k0sLaV
all talk of non-honda engine swaps and everything, as I've said before and many times before, it's just pure 'masterbation' no one on here will seriously bother doing it, and even more can't even afford to. It's just breeding false hope, fact is discuss, discuss discuss at the end of the day it's down to dollars, experience and really the main question is it worth it?
as was said in the last thread, WE ARE JUST TALKING. it's just that. aren't people allowed to just talk about things even if they never plan on doing them? we aren't some new kids who just came to the board and said, can i put the 350 in my garage in my accord. chill out dude.