PDA

View Full Version : okay, n00b here, is this a workable combo?

hky85accord
04-12-2003, 11:32 AM
okay, lets see if I'm on the right track... Will this workin my 85?

a20a engine with DCOE's and the K&N filters on them with a scoop in the hood above the filters, PnP'd head, high-flow cat and less restrictive muffler

is that a workable combo and if so am I on the right track as far as performace goes?

bobafett
04-12-2003, 11:40 AM
ooh i cant help you with the carb setup, since i am not knowledgable about that. but i am really glad u didnt join and ask if we can buy altezzas or things like that!

ure on the right track!

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Well I wish I went with twin DCOE's. I think you have a pretty good idea of what you want. Sounds like a good plan to me.

hky85accord
04-12-2003, 02:48 PM
well, my motto is go before show... learned that the hard way at a few traffic lights in my civic I dont wanna be :rice:

Okay, I do have another question, what intake manifold do ya use when ya go with twin DCOE's? Can it also be polished for better flow?

87accordHB
04-12-2003, 02:56 PM
blazin2gen has a 2g site i believe.

shepherd79
04-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by hky85accord
a20a engine with DCOE's and the K&N filters on them with a scoop in the hood above the filters, PnP'd head, high-flow cat and less restrictive muffler

i don't know why you want to put less restrictive, catalitic converter. i am assuming you have no emissions where you live. so why would you want another restricter on your car.
i would recomend Headers, staright pipe and muffler.

PhydeauX
04-12-2003, 04:55 PM
The filters k&n make for the dcoe carbs won't work in a gen2. The master cylender gets in the way. Foam socks work much better. If you're going dcoe don't even bother with a cat. Dcoes will never pass emissions so there's no point shelling out $100 to have a cat.

andy

hky85accord
04-12-2003, 07:13 PM
well, we dont have emissions however we do have inspections, inspections that state that you must have a cat on your car or you dont get the sticker. I had considered getting a "cheater" pipe for it however if the exaust system has been modified in any way the cat has to be welded to it... I know it blows but that's what the guy that inspects my rides tells me. I did notice when I had my custom exaust put in my last car that the cat had been chopped and it was welded to it.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 07:19 PM
You have to make a custom intake manifold for the twin dcoe's. I have that same motto Go before Show. What I would do if I were you is get another exhaust system that you can put on before you have it inspected.

hky85accord
04-12-2003, 07:27 PM
ok, that's not a prob, anybody know of a site with info on how to make the intake manifold?

what do ya think 2.5" mandrel bent? I had 2.25 put into my other car and I could really tell a good difference.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't put 2.5" until you have your carbs and headers on. PhydeauX might have some pics and info on how to make one. I wish I could have just bought a manifold and put twin dcoes on. I would have gone that route instead, but I'm happy with my little racer.

PhydeauX
04-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Search this site for dcoe manifold how to.

The picture links are dead but you can find them all here http://phy.37industries.com:3000/accordpics/dcoe_manifold/

andy

shepherd79
04-12-2003, 07:57 PM
the best way to make cheap cheat catalitic converter is to take the one you have now and rip the insides out. and bolt it back on.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Or what you could do is get a straight pipe and weld the casing of the cat around the pipe. So it looks like a cat. This would probably have more power than just bashing the insides out b/c then you have all that extra space in there that could be restrictive.

AvgWhtMale
04-12-2003, 08:22 PM
I can't believe you people are so desparate for power that you would remove/gut your catalytic converter. You drive an Accord for christ sake!

carotman
04-13-2003, 05:00 PM
You drive an Accord for christ sake!

Yup that's why the 2 or 3 hp will be noticed. If we had a 400 hp car, the 2 hp gain would be ridiculous....