PDA

View Full Version : i am scrubbing

c20v6turbo3rdgen
04-12-2003, 02:56 PM
I am scrubbing and from what I can see I can't see where I am scrubbing at...Nate (87accordsterlx) told me to look in the back and see if there is any placstic that I can take out casue that is where i could be scrubbing at. I looked front and back and I only see where I can take it out in the front. I am thinking either someone took it out before me or the LX-i does not have it in the back. I have some 17' Katanas 215/40/17 and yeah I know that they are to wide.. I do not scrub until i take a sharp corner and I do not have the car lowered. I am not scrubbing on the outside of the rim inside of the wheel wheld... please tell me how to fix this...

anchovies
04-13-2003, 12:02 AM
What's the offset of the rims?
If it's less than 40, then you'll rub. Plus you're running the wrong sized tire. You'll need more offset, probably 45 to be able to clear the wheel well.
If you have the right offset, then you might get away with just rolling the fenders.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah my 17's were the wrong offset and they rubbed but I think they're still badass Team Loco rims. I have them for sale One is bent though but all four tires are good (yokohama avid h4's) you can contact team loco and buy the one rim to have the complete set also. PM me if you are interested.

Jims 86LXI HB
04-13-2003, 08:56 PM
More than likely your rubbing on the tops of the rear fender lips. Take a look at the plastic that lines the lip for signs of being burnt or warn at the very top of the arche or fender lip. If your running a 40mm offset AND the 215mm width rolling the rear fender lips, may not be enough to clear things. If your not sure that your even hitting the fender lips, go buy a white crayon and mark up the top of the rear fender lips and go take some corners and look to see if you wore off the white crayon.