PDA

View Full Version : Lower Ball Joints

swiftly_driven
04-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Wassup my Peoplez....

I need some help. I have 88 Honda Accord LX. I just installed new rotors and a axle on the front passenger side. My car needs a 4 wheel alignment. The mechanic at Strauss Auto told me that he can't do a wheel alignment because my front lower ball joints is bad and my inner and outer tire rod ends needs replacing. I didn't have any suspension problems with my car until the snow came and now my town is flooded with potholes. If you brake at 55mph and your car does this shaking, what is the cause of this. Is it the front lower ball joints that causes this? Also, when you're doing 55mph can you feel a knocking noise underneath while driving. Does the lower ball joints cause all of these problems or is it something else?

Holla Back
:wtf: is going on???

YK86
04-12-2003, 05:08 PM
It's very likely it is. You can test it yourself. Jack up the front end and put on stands (can be done with wheels still on). Grab the top and bottom of the tire and try to push one end in and the other end out (and do this quick back and forth). If you see any movement, somethng is worn out. The upper and lower joints should not move at all so check to see which one has play. Now grab the sides and do the same thing. If there's movement, the tie-rod is going.

ACCORD EX
04-13-2003, 09:03 AM
i am sure that tie rod ends can cause this shaking when braking !
the lower balljoint sound bad on a bad road ! :D

MIKE

OldSchoolSwap
04-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Knocking noises and "clunks" are definatly suspension and most likely ball joint issues.

Here's a link if you want to give it a try. If you've never done suspension work, do not do this yourself... it is not as simple as it sounds.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15247