PDA

View Full Version : im trying to remove my engine but im going to need some help

meohmy01
04-13-2003, 12:46 PM
i bought an 89 accord dx sedan for 225 bucks. im going to take the engine and tranny out of it and put it in my 88 accord lx. so im going to need some help from you guys who have done this.

my first question is how do i remove the break cable thing. i can't figure it out.

2old_honda
04-13-2003, 02:11 PM
my advice- get a service manual, it will give step by step removal and installation instructions.

shepherd79
04-13-2003, 02:11 PM
what do you mean by break cable thing?
where is it and where it is located?
you gonna have to be more specific on this kind of stuff.

2old_honda
04-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by meohmy01
my first question is how do i remove the break cable thing. i can't figure it out.

you dont have to do anything with the brakes (except for the vac line to the master cyl.) to remove the engine.

read this thread in the HOW TO section, it should help you get a better understanding of what is involved http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7316

ACCORD EX
04-13-2003, 03:24 PM
service manual is available for download in the FAQ's !

MIKE

meohmy01
04-13-2003, 04:15 PM
i have two service manuals but i have no idea what the hell all of the things they are refering to are. if it had pictures it would be a god send. it may have absolutley nothing to do with the brakes. it is one of the 3 cables that go across the front of the engine. one is throttle. the other connects to the front of the transmission housing and the other connects to something attached to the back of the tranny which also has two lines coming off of the back of it.

meohmy01
04-13-2003, 04:58 PM
is it the speedometer cable?

meohmy01
04-14-2003, 11:30 AM
i don't have a socket big enough to get the giant hub nut off and i don't want to take the front suspension apart since i would most likley have to replace whatever nuts and bushings that i cut up so is it possible to take the drive axles out of the tranny without taking them completley out?