PDA

View Full Version : wierd suspension

Microstreak
04-13-2003, 06:03 PM
i got new suspension back in september, and back then for a very long time it was very very stiff. Lately, however ive been experiancing the exact opposite. its too soft. On top of that my steering is now veering to the right. does anybody know what's wrong? and how much it would cost to fix? ( can i do it myself?).. HELP

SiR
04-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Your shocks might had its final days and now giving you a soft ride, does it bounce a lot?

The steering part might be caused be a the tie-rod on the right side and/or the ball joints. You can check them by raising the car off the wheels and check them for any play.

MrBen
04-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Steering can also be caused by alignment and unbalanced tires, or the brake system... many things.

Microstreak
04-17-2003, 09:01 PM
yeh, i need to check the tire pressure, and i think its alignment. as for the suspension. its final days? i jus got it las sep. they got less that five thousand miles on them. and there not bouncy. they jus give real easy, know what i mean? like, bumps can make them travel alot. I think it maybe attributed to teh way i drive, and push the car. If you ever see a white honda accord lxi doin 100 down the gcp, lie, cross island, or in nyc, than its most prolly me :)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Microstreak
yeh, i need to check the tire pressure, and i think its alignment. as for the suspension. its final days? i jus got it las sep. they got less that five thousand miles on them. and there not bouncy. they jus give real easy, know what i mean? like, bumps can make them travel alot. I think it maybe attributed to teh way i drive, and push the car. If you ever see a white honda accord lxi doin 100 down the gcp, lie, cross island, or in nyc, than its most prolly me :)

What type of suspension did u buy? Just curious.. 100 on the cross Island? So ur the slow Accord I've seem!

88accord
04-18-2003, 03:19 PM
haha