PDA

View Full Version : LED lights good or bad?

toaster13
04-13-2003, 06:58 PM
I've been thinking of putting neon lights under my 88 lxi, but i don't know if my car would respond to having to put ou that much more power. I found these led neon lights. i know that would take a lot less power, does anyone know if these look good or not.

i would also like to know peoples opinion on under lights.
here's the link for the site i found the led lights at
http://www.huggmeister.com/liledl4piunk.html

86accord4dr
04-13-2003, 07:05 PM
well do you have pics of your car as it is right now? personally i only think neons are good for a really tight show-car. cuz you can't legally roll around with them on (mucho tickets) and i've seen jackasses with them on 87 sunbirds... TACKY!

as for those particular ones they seem pretty cool as far as underbody lights go cuz of the control module... i don't know how low your car is but if it anything under the stock height you might not be happy with the effect. the lights might turn into little dots on the groud rather than just ambient lighting

toaster13
04-13-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna try to get some pics of my car this week, it's in pretty good shape, but not perfect yet....
i'll let you know when i do.

86accord4dr
04-13-2003, 08:52 PM
k i'll be checking by

Mike89Accordcom
04-13-2003, 10:00 PM
I like underlights even though a lot of peeps have them....

toaster13
04-14-2003, 10:20 AM
i'm not sure how to post pics on here,
so here is a link to my site that has a few pics.
let me know what you think of it.

toaster13
04-14-2003, 10:21 AM
That was smart, i forgot to put the link so here it is
http://www.angelfire.com/emo/toaster13/

87AccordLXsdn
04-14-2003, 05:08 PM
My friends sisters boyfriend owns an LED company and he makes tubes, headlight kits, and underbody's. He told me that LED's are like, 10 times brighter than neons and they put more light out to more places. If I were to get underbody's I think I would definatly go with LED's. Check out www.lunaraccents.com (thats his company).

danronian
04-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Nice car, I would say paint the tails red, and buy some red under lights. I think they look good on our cars. Just make sure you hide them so they arent red dots.

86accord4dr
04-14-2003, 08:21 PM
yeah your car looks pretty good. i like the rims, not too flashy. i dont' know about the blue fogs tho but that's just me i guess.

just please don't get a big ticket cuz you wanna cruise with the LED's on

Chubs87Accord
04-14-2003, 10:08 PM
sheesh.. the only thing you have to do so you dont have to get ticketed on the lights is install a kill switch.. you want em off, switch em off.. you want em on, switch em on.. and even though leds run less power.. never run them with the car off

86accord4dr
04-15-2003, 07:13 PM
but i'm saying that some peeps leave em on to go crusiin'. i was just making sure he knew that was a no no.

who's so stupid they don't install a switch??

maxoutracer
04-16-2003, 03:38 AM
those LED aren't even that bright, people think it's bright, but it's not!

xbi0s
04-16-2003, 06:45 AM
You cannot judge 1 LED to all others..

LED come in different intensities and different sizes, differ powers.. etc etc...

You get a 2.7V 2600MCD LED and those are helluva bright. One of those could be used for an interior light to cast a glow across the car.

Now you string a bunch of those together and you can make a considerable light. I made a light bar from 2 of those and it was bright enough to illuminate the front of my car....

I prefer LED above all other lights. Long lasting, cold burning, and easier to work with. CHEAPER too.

I would say I'd buy an LED underbody kit, but I can just as easily make one myself and save the money, and proudly say, "Oh yeah, I made this myself...."

toaster13
04-16-2003, 07:07 AM
i had thought of making one myself but i'm not sure of where to buy LED's- at least one's that would be bright enough. if you could me a link or some suggestions that would be great.

xbi0s
04-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Well if you want blue.. use 3.7V 2600MCD lights...

MCD is the brightness, the higher the number the brighter... Look for about 5mm size LED's with at least 1600MCD on them...

Also you need to run a resistor to each light... no series wiring with these... so 1 LED and 1 Resistor...

I forgot the math equation to figure it out.....