PDA

View Full Version : some newbie help?

theandyd
04-13-2003, 07:22 PM
i have a few questions for you guys. i've searched the archives and haven't been able to find the answers to these ones:

1. the accord i just bought (88 lxi) had it's engine switched out...however the guy i bought it from didn't know what the new engine was from...is there a way to find out based on something on the engine?

2. i'm having issues with starting. i got the car started using that starter spray stuff, but it died unless i kept revving it. i thought it was the gas filter because it was cranking, but just wouldn't start. however today, i was out playing with it and when i tried to start it just cranked less and less. now it just won't start at all. any ideas?

3. anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for the power windows?

thanks in advance!

Coitis1
04-13-2003, 08:01 PM
1. what does the engine say? is there any writing on it? it probably came out of another accord, but look for something on the valve cover or somewhere on the block for some kind of writing

2. sorry, i'm injected and don't know why it won't keep running, but it probably cranked less and less b/c ur battery was run down.

3. search on this site for "paul's shop manual". there is a link to a site that has a full shop manual for the 3geez, it will probably have that wiring diagram in it.

i'm not a technical person, so sorry if i'm not much of a help. but there is a lot of people on this site that know their stuff, so someone will be of some help. good luck

anchovies
04-14-2003, 12:04 AM
1. right at the block near the timing check hole, the engine code is stamped on it. If you dunno where it is, then just follow the right/passenger end of the valve cover and look down for the timing hole. The code is there, might be covered with oil + dirt.
2. get new battery and test the voltage of your starter

ACCORD EX
04-14-2003, 05:34 AM
to find out your engine check here !
http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/engines.htm

to know more about your car check here !

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/engine.htm

good luck !

MIKE

Morpheus
04-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Wot else would be in it besides an A20? Maybe a carb'd D series! :lol

wallyyfm
04-14-2003, 12:33 PM
how can it be an lx-i if its a carb, if you have a carb, scratch off your little " - i " to avoid confusion:lol

theandyd
04-14-2003, 01:22 PM
there's no carb...it's fuel injected...so it is an Lxi, it's just in pieces right now.

wallyyfm
04-14-2003, 02:01 PM
was gonna say, where exactly are you spaying the starter fliud, into the throttle body?

MrBen
04-14-2003, 02:09 PM
It doesnt have my engine on there.

86 Accord DX made in Japan.

theandyd
04-14-2003, 06:45 PM
i sprayed the fluid directly into the air intake...took off the filter and sprayed it right in there...