PDA

View Full Version : STICKERS ARE BEING MADE. Who wants one?

89AccordNate
06-01-2002, 08:36 AM
http://www.pennswoods.net/~rita/sticker.jpg

Here is the sticker design. I dont know who will like it and who wont, I tried to keep it simple.

The stickers will be $5.00 each (I will pay postage) and I will start off with a initial buying of 30. Who is interested? I have the quotes (Why in the hell is cut vinyl so expensive?!) so its only a matter of buyig them.

They will be that exact size with a transparent background.

And yes, these WILL be made unlike the other logo contests that went no where...im having these produced due to everyone going "Uhm, why doesnt someone have these made?" So I shall be the one. Profitless or not, im going at it!

Let me know.

Nate.

gruvmstr206
06-01-2002, 10:30 AM
only if they are scratch & sniff...but what would it be a scent of?

Jerren
06-01-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by gruvmstr206
only if they are scratch & sniff...but what would it be a scent of?

gasoline would be nice.

i personally think its an ugly sticker. i'll take 2!! lol, hey nate are you still selling the conversions. i'm ready to buy now.

89AccordNate
06-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Yeah, still selling the conversions, and within 2 weeks Id guess I will be able to sell everything that Reactive sells. Including shift knobs, shift boots and anything else you may want or need. What they make for our cars im not sure, but the universal stuff doesnt look half bad!

I will be opening up an online store possibly, but most of it will hit the ebay market.

I cant make EVERYONE happy with the sticker and I know that, but I need to keep it simple yet practical. So thats why it looks like it does. I should have the stickers within the week id guys. Im still working out the things with the company, and then they have to send them to me..so everyone knows how long that will take. I figured I would post just to see if 30 would be a good number.

Nate.

HostileJava
06-01-2002, 02:38 PM
I'd buy one depending on the size.

88BlackEXi
06-01-2002, 02:48 PM
honestly i prefer the one logo for the site (top right of this page) :rolleyes:

89AccordNate
06-01-2002, 03:06 PM
The size will be the same as the one in the pic. Im not going to have every possible design made to make everyone happy. If all of them sell well, I will go to another color and sell those. But white is the cheapest and the size of that pic is about the perfect size for a window sticker. Its subtle and not ricey.

Nate.

88Ex-i
06-01-2002, 03:37 PM
I'll buy one.........:)

Chrome_thangs
06-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Nice Design!! Clear, percise and to the point.

I want two, please post a notice telling where and when to send money!

87accordlx
06-01-2002, 07:45 PM
i'll take one nate, email me when u get them in
[email protected]

89AccordNate
06-01-2002, 10:08 PM
I will be placing the order and sending the money in on monday. So say, the end of next week, beginning of the week after I should have them!

Who else wants some I need to know how many to order right off the bat.

Nate.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Nice! I'll take 2 please ;)

89accordmeister
06-02-2002, 06:02 AM
Nate,
I want 2.........are they all white....or can we get some colors?
iwill take white, but if its available i woul prefer yellow....THANKS FOR MAKING THIS EFFORT MAN.......email me when u get ready to take the cash......... [email protected]

staticpat
06-02-2002, 06:59 AM
ill buy one. is the background just clear, or is it peel and rub style?

Guyver007
06-02-2002, 07:00 AM
The stickers Look ight but i saw someone had some other stickers diffrent from the one you just made, i just made a post asking where i can get the stickers a while ago cause i hadnt ran into this post before so know i know but the sticker looks str8 simple but if thats the size its gonna be thats too small.. you should make it a bit bigger, enough for it to be seen clearly from the car next to you at the light , ready to get left behind. If nobody minds im makein' a cap with the 3geez logo on it i wouldnt mind makeing some for anyone else as long as you pay me for them and pay for the shiping an handling =)..

89AccordNate
06-02-2002, 08:48 AM
Im going to have them made with a clear background if possible. Im still waiting on the email back from the company. As far as making them bigger, sorry, im not making them any bigger because then you get into ricey and god ugly. And I want to keep them small enough to stick on the side windows.

Nate.

hondaman87
06-02-2002, 08:53 AM
nate i'll take 2 of them

89AccordNate
06-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Ok, So I am up to 14 that need to be made. There has to be more people, but some people are lazy and dont want to post. I guess when they are waiting for the 2nd shipment to come in then they will be regretful they didnt speak up eh :)

Im still ordering 30 so.......speak now!

Nate.

accordlx
06-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Speaking now.

joshuabrack99
06-02-2002, 11:03 AM
:cool: -- cool man- I'll take two- just let me know the detail's- later----also let me know about bulk ordering just incase I want to have some to give out at the 3-gen meet I am holding aug 31 in Irvine CA- for more info go to the lets meet forum

87AccordChik
06-02-2002, 11:27 AM
hey i want one! thanx

B16 ED9
06-02-2002, 11:43 AM
i'll take one. i'll get the money somehow;)

88Ex-i
06-02-2002, 12:40 PM
i posted already wanting one, but i want 2 now..........

Guyver007
06-02-2002, 03:09 PM
:D

88LXi68
06-02-2002, 03:30 PM
I would like two as well but wouldnt an 86-89 Accord.com be better?? Not everyone with a 3rd gen is into performance or even knows what a 3rd gen is(knowing what generation their car is). At least with an 86-89 Accord.com sticker it will be recognized by more people. just a thought

Guyver007
06-02-2002, 03:39 PM
He does have a point, maybe you should try doing 30 of both? :p

87accordlx
06-02-2002, 05:09 PM
yeah but if it's on a 86-89 accord people will hopefully put 2+2 together and guess that it's a 3g

88LXi68
06-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlx
yeah but if it's on a 86-89 accord people will hopefully put 2+2 together and guess that it's a 3g

What if they arent familar with the generations of the Accord? I have seen it many times on other boards (people asking what generation they have).

89AccordNate
06-02-2002, 08:01 PM
3geez.com is the original message board. If people see the sticker on a 3rd generation accord, they are going to look at the car its on and go "Wow, that must be for my car, that car looks just like mine!"

86-89accord.com isnt finished, and it wont be for a while. I will start with the 3geez ones, and then if all goes well, we can expand to others.

Sound good dad?!

Nate.

88LXi68
06-03-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
3geez.com is the original message board. If people see the sticker on a 3rd generation accord, they are going to look at the car its on and go "Wow, that must be for my car, that car looks just like mine!"

86-89accord.com isnt finished, and it wont be for a while. I will start with the 3geez ones, and then if all goes well, we can expand to others.

Sound good dad?!

Nate.

I dont know son.... there are some clueless people out in todays world. Perfect example was the thread in the performance section "H22A in my Accord". Some people dont make connections without it being hand written to them. I know 86-89Accord.com isnt finished but there is a link on that site to this board.. Ohh well your making them not me. I still want two.

Mike89Accordcom
06-03-2002, 11:04 AM
Hey Nate can I have 6? I want to put one on each one of my 6 windows of my car. The fact that your having them made makes me want them even more. Can I have a discount though? $5 is a little much. I know you need the $$ for your car since your still trying to do your first modification to that awesome accord of yours. Tell me something how many are you putting on your car?? It's such a cool design and I just can't get over how awesome it looks. Congrats on that incredible thinking you did to come up with the font, design, size, and etc.... :flip:

89AccordNate
06-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Mike, ill send you as many as you want.

Got some new information today from this sticker company im working with...

The stickers are screen printed (meaning they take a clear vinyl, and then apply ink to that, they arent cut out and then reversed applied). These are DIRECT STICK stcickers.

Do you guys care about this at all? It would come out looking almost the same and would more or less be the same thing (white letters, clear background).

Or...do you guys want to have them cut out like in a dye cut machine? Then just the letters will come out, with no (clear)background. Either way the durability will more then likely be the same. I emailed them about all of these things and I should be getting an email back later on.

I never knew stickers could get so damn complicated..ugh!

Nate.

89AccordNate
06-03-2002, 01:26 PM
Here are some examples of what can be done..remember each color used adds a HUGE chunk to the price. So if we can keep it one color applied then that will keep the costs down. I think I will keep the color to white applied since we want to keep it simple and at $5.00

Yes, these are serious examples on the site the company has had made...remember they are screen printed and not cut out!

http://www.stickerguy.com/stikweek/laundryday-big.gif
http://www.stickerguy.com/stikweek/sinisterbikes-big.gif
http://www.stickerguy.com/stikweek/tsinilas-big.gif

Nate.

87accordlxph
06-03-2002, 02:14 PM
OK I like these.

I want 2.

Here's my e-mail: [email protected]

Let me know.

thx,

-Mike

Chrome_thangs
06-03-2002, 02:57 PM
89AccordNate,
I've had expierence with thoose type. The clear background eventually bubbles(like a bad tint job). Is there any way to get the dye cut ones? I know you are going through the effort of doing this on your own, but in the long run i think you would be more satisfied with the dye cut ones.

Just a thought!!

marc49
06-03-2002, 03:15 PM
in case anybody hasn't seen it in general, maydnaella has a design going also, and that one will be made also.. the last one she posted, will be made..

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=1766

89AccordNate
06-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Ok, so after hearing from chrome thangs, we are taking a different approach. Its time to go for the dye cut deal.

I will be looking for a company tonight and tommorrow to find who can make them the highest quality, but keeping the price low. I have already emailed one company, so we shall see what they can do.

Marc, do you want me to have those made, or are you?! I can have them made to replace my design, its up to you. I would like to use my own design since im the one having them made, I hate to steal someone elses design..not to graphic designer like :).

Im pushing it hard to get them released ASAP!

Nate.

88Ex-i
06-03-2002, 05:13 PM
nate, is there a real difference in cost between the clear background and the dye-cut ones??????? I myself would rather have the dye-cut ones. I just like the way they come off on the window, cause the clear background ones will be in a big square or rectangle.

edit: ok, i posted 2 seconds after you posted, lol............glad we are going dye-cut. :D

ryan86accordlxi
06-03-2002, 07:25 PM
ill take 2.....any other colors available or not? please let me know. my email is [email protected] alot.