PDA

View Full Version : Do other people drive ur 3gee

od2681
04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
so....am i the only paranoid person who doesnt let other people drive his 3gee...damn i get worried even if my dad drives it....and dont even think what i do when my bro drives it.....so is anyone else like this or is it just my paranoid ass.......:huh:

IWLSF
04-13-2003, 08:58 PM
NOBODY touches my baby...nobody...

Grant2k
04-13-2003, 09:06 PM
my dad drives it sometimes, and i've let friend's drive it, but only if they let me drive their cars.

amalgumjoe
04-13-2003, 09:26 PM
I used to not really care if people drove my car...if I were with them when they did it. But now only I drive it.

Jareds 89 LX-i
04-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm usually the only one that drives it, but if they need to I let my dad, mom, or sister drive it. They're all real good responsible drivers so I don't worry all too much, although I still don't like other people driving my car.

MattsAccord
04-13-2003, 09:53 PM
i have only let a few other people drive my car but not on main roads i wouldn't want anything to happen to my pride and joy

Mike89Accordcom
04-13-2003, 09:59 PM
No body drives my cars unless its a close friend. Then again I'm always with them. Back in the day I use to let friends drive my Accord they loved taking it out. I got $50 once for letttin a friend take my Accord to Prom, haha.

Gregs89AccordLxi
04-13-2003, 11:11 PM
hey i feel like u, i yell at people when they just touch my baby, i once let my mom drive it once cuz her car broke down and i told her to go home and i would take care of her car, i was crapping bricks the whole time and when i went home i had to give my car a quick lookie to make sure it was all ok, when i went in she didnt wanna give my keys back cuz she said she fell in love with my car, damn i didnt know our cars had that effect on people, lol, my dad bought his accord 5 days after i bought mine because he fell in love with mine too :lol

netfreak
04-14-2003, 12:26 AM
I let one of my friends drive mine for his drivers license road test. That was unusually nice of me...

86AccordLxi
04-14-2003, 12:43 AM
I let bobafett drive my car on fri...first time someone has driven it besides me in 1 year +.

Alex

ACCORD EX
04-14-2003, 05:32 AM
only if my dad needs it bad ! :D

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
04-14-2003, 07:18 AM
ive let my friend and my dad drive it but i refuse to let my gf drive it.. she will wreck it

Grant2k
04-14-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
ive let my friend and my dad drive it but i refuse to let my gf drive it.. she will wreck it
my girlfriend can't drive mine because she can't drive stick. i get to drive her 3gee all the time though. i wish she could drive it though.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Oh hell no, nobody touches my 3G!!! Not unless they let me drive their 3G. And I don't have any friends here that have 3Geez so no one drives it but me.

Grant2k
04-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Oh hell no, nobody touches my 3G!!! Not unless they let me drive their 3G. And I don't have any friends here that have 3Geez so no one drives it but me.
i've accepted that as much as i love it it's still just a car so as long as i trust the person driving it i don't feel that way.

jigga89SEi
04-14-2003, 09:13 AM
I have let 1 person drive my car..........That didn't take a considerable amount of thought, either........surprisingly.......I love driving other peoples cars.......But I never ever ever let others drive mine........That rule was in solid affect until I met Ninja.........He drives mine I drive his I drive mine he drives his.......u get the deal...........The only reason he got to drive is cause........He knows 3gs from inside out and all that....plus he let me drive his :D:D :D

markmdz89hatch
04-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mike89Accordcom
No body drives my cars unless its a close friend. Then again I'm always with them. Back in the day I use to let friends drive my Accord they loved taking it out. I got $50 once for letttin a friend take my Accord to Prom, haha.

Off topic, but I let a young friend/neighbor take my 300Z to his prom. I made him drive with me in the car for 3hrs. (over a few days) before I handed him the keys. I did not make him give me any $$ to take it, but told him to give it back with the same amount of gas in it. He handed me the keys and told me he didn't know what kind of gas I used, so he put in 89 from a BP station. I nearly beat his ass. I told him before he took it, only 93 Octane, and it has to be from Mobil.

Anyway, hell no, no-one drives the 3G. I've only let my g/f (ex) drive it once, let my step-mom take it for 2 days while her car was in the shop (2 yrs. ago) and let Steve (88lxi68) take it for a little tour around a park.

AccordEpicenter
04-14-2003, 11:17 AM
why do you think im doing a 5 speed conversion?

Morpheus
04-14-2003, 12:18 PM
I have to let my aunt use it to drive to work cause I don't have my license yet, and my parents figure it's better for someone to use the car than no one. I hate having her drive it, she refuses to maintain it.

88' Accord Ltd
04-14-2003, 12:19 PM
I'll let my dad and only my dad drive my 3g if he asks me, but hes gotta have a legit reason! :D When he takes it (which is like once in a blue moon) I am suuuper paranoid about it, although he drives like an old lady and nevers takes it over like 2500!

wikkedv15
04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
lol only person to drive my 3g is my step.. and thats bcuz he bought it.. that i let him drive it.. anyhoot. im scared of him driving it lil RACER.. shit. two days ago i was with my read dad and he calls me up and tells me he just beat a civic.. im like.. eh... were u at..
home....
good stay there...
lol
ya but besides him no one else knows how to drive stick in my fam so HA HA HA HAHA HA for those of u who got sisters and brothers that know

MrBen
04-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Only my dad. I used to let a friend drive it, but one time he got made at someone in the car with us and slammed on the brakes and we skidded out onto the curb right in front os a police officer. Before that, some moron in a mustang hit us (different day) and my friend got out of the car and dented the mustang. So I dont let anyone drive it.

tk89acc
04-14-2003, 02:45 PM
I let my friends and my g/f drive my car.

HondaBoy
04-15-2003, 08:03 PM
i am pretty protective over my 3gee. i let people like my mom, step dad, grandma, and this lady that i clean her car, drive my car. only very responsible people that are usually older and drive slow. lol . realy the youngest person i let drive my car was my moms friend who is 28 as of now. as a matter of fact she said she kept catching herself speeding. when i told her it has "about" 100hp, she was fuckin surprised. as is everyone who drives it. ive never let any of my friends drive it. even my best friend. this is because they wanna punch it. i can punch it with them in the passenger seat. although i did let my friend drive my moms neon around the block when i was using it. but i dont like that car so it dont count. hehe. and for the 02 accord, nobody but me, my grandma, and realy close, and i mean like living in my house close, can be privilaged enough to touch that mean old gal. i dont think i will ever let my friends drive that car, but i will tell u if they get to.

Tref_LXI
04-18-2003, 01:58 AM
lol my mine took my car to go to church one day when her 4-runner died. I was asleep and had plans for the day, i took a shower, got all ready, and walked outside looking forward to driving my car, only to see that IT WAS GONE. I SHIT MY FUCKING PANTS, I ran inside to call the police, and i saw a note on the table, "hi i went to church in your car without asking". When she got home i took the spare key away from her and hid it. Nobody touches my car unless they know how to drive well, so at the meets i will let some of you drive it maybe.

BensAccordLxi
04-18-2003, 07:08 AM
My girl drives it. My friend Steve drives it on the strip. My friend Aaron drive one way when we go long distances. I let Steve's girl drive it once, only cause she's cute.

88LX-iSedan
04-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Just the thought of someone besides me driving it ...Is not comforting at all

DBMaster
04-18-2003, 07:30 PM
This is funny. I pretty much don't let my wife drive it. She damaged it twice, once in '90, once in '91. It definitely doesn't like her, I can feel it. :)

I don't like using valet parking, either, and it ain't because of the tip I have to pay. It is also a traumatic experience to take it to a shop. I guess that's why it has only been a few times in its life.

I'm sure there is really something wrong with being this attached to an inanimate object.

maka_RTH
04-19-2003, 11:18 AM
normally, nobody except me even sits in the driver's seat. i can count how many people have driven it and sat in the driver's seat. me, my best friend, my dad, and my mom are the only people that have driven it. and, my siblings have sat in the drivers seat(just jumping in...), and a another frined of mine. while i'm away, may parents are using it..., but they'll take care of it...

od2681
04-19-2003, 06:48 PM
man it sucks cuzz both my dad and bro know how to drive a stick....lol

HondaBoy
04-19-2003, 08:30 PM
i dont think its took wierd to be over protective and very attached to a car. especially when its one u realy like, and not to mention one that takes car of u when u need it. i dont think i will let any of my friends drive it now. ive been seeing some crazy shit they do this week.

Grant2k
04-21-2003, 02:45 PM
this weekend i let my brother's friend drive my car around a parking lot. he has an 89 318i or some 3 series. he got out and said "i love your car."

amalgumjoe
04-24-2003, 02:38 AM
This summer my little sister is going to be the first person other then me to drive my car in over a year. She's gonna learn to drive stick. But I'll be with her and she know's how much I love that car so nothing will happen.

89accord_lxi_coupe
04-24-2003, 04:46 AM
my mom has driven mine like twice. other than that HELL NO!!!! nobody drives it besides me.

-Nolan

crwa
04-24-2003, 09:46 AM
My dad drives mine everynow and then, but he always has people race him... they never try to race me, but they try with him??? Besides him, I don't even let my girlfriend drive it... well she did once, but she was gone for 15 minutes on what should have been a 4 minute circle, so I said no more...

badmonkeynobanna
04-24-2003, 10:08 PM
No ome has ever driven my LXI and no one ever will

Grant2k
04-24-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by badmonkeynobanna
No ome has ever driven my LXI and no one ever will
not even you??? that's good for a 15 year old car!!