PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit Information!

HondaManDan
04-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Dear 3geezers...

I come bearing information that may help in your quest to beautify, uglify, ricify your 3geez. It first involves envisioning what you want. I personaly wouldnt mind a nice, simple, yet agressive front end.
"But they dont make good body kits for our cars!" you say. Exactly.. hence why you go with the next best thing.
4th gen accords are MUCH too round to look anything close to good on our cars. The turnsignals and parking light fixture has a tendancy to rear it's blockish structure over the bumper. Solution. Go with a boxy car bumper.
For instance: A 1993 Acura Integra.

Look at it. NEARLY the same blockish shape. Amazing isnt it? My proposition: Hack the little divider off the bumper between the lights and slap her on your car.. slight modding will be needed HOWEVER it will be NO WHERE NEAR as painful as modding a 4th gen kit. NOT ONLY THAT but the square body lines will match up a tad better.

Here is a picture of the car with a kit on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411080661&category=5335

Now.. here's our car with the same kit.
www.geocities.com/silverado99_01/altered.html

Granted it's not the best photoshop ever... but you get the general idea.

markmdz89hatch
04-14-2003, 05:27 AM
Dan, you are 100% correct. It appears as though the 2G 'teg kits fit easier and better then the 4G accord.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15637

That's exactly what you're talking about, but in real life.

PS> How's that tranny holdin' up?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-14-2003, 05:39 AM
Looks Pretty Good.. So who is going to be the first victim to put on his car? Also I wonder what front that was.

jigga89SEi
04-14-2003, 06:56 AM
I like that Idea.........it looks like it'd work.........But I don't like the idea of losing the bumper turn signals.......

xbi0s
04-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Hmm -- My car gets painted this summer as well as my buddy and I starting prep work soon -- Looks like I might have something here :)

guaynabo89
04-14-2003, 07:46 AM
I've seen acoupl of people here locally that have teg kits on. They do fit better than the Accord kits.

The reason I know they had teg kits on their accords is tey had not cut the middle part between the headlights.:gay:

HondaManDan
04-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Know what else i was thinking... it's not that hard if you want to keep your turn signals....
all you have to do is cut out the housing of the old bumper...
cut 2 holes in the new bumper to fit the housings....
and then bondo them smooth so they look stock....
that way you'd have nice, flush, 3rd gen directionals that are functional and easily removable for bulb changes

HondaManDan
04-14-2003, 12:01 PM
BTW> the tranny is fine! :)

Chubs87Accord
04-14-2003, 10:24 PM
i like that blue car.. the back rocks.. as for the bumper sigs... i would just ghetto rig em (possibly jsut the lights without housings) behind some mesh grilling in the front end... and just some light niteshades so the bulbs dont stand out too much behind the mess