PDA

View Full Version : Help Lights!!!!

3G Jester
06-01-2002, 09:59 AM
I went to a local junkyard today and i wanted new tail light assemblies for my 88 Hatch......he wanted 40 each...Nappa wants 90 each new....obviously the junkyard is a better buy, BUT....is this to high? could i get him down cheaper? and can u haggle? i i just dont want him getting pissed and not selling em...my town sucks......he also wanted 15 each for the two front bumper turn signals...i thought that seemd expesive for two orange peices of plastic...and how the hell do u get clear front bumpers? u cant take out any peieces cause its one solid plastic cover.......im lost......help?:stupid: :wtf:
and this guy just cauise he looks cool:bow:

staticpat
06-02-2002, 07:05 AM
i don't know if this is relevant, but the junkyard i went to sold me a tail light assembly for "book value" (he looked it up in some huge ass book, with values of parts) $35. and im sure if i had cared i could have haggled him down some.

CoAsTeR
06-02-2002, 10:38 AM
yeah the junkyards around here try to rape you something fierce too......

I dont want to promote crime or anything, but hey.... most parts are pocket sized :rolleyes:

I've sent over 20 some odd cars to that scrap yard at like 35 bucks a car and they want 100 bucks to buy little parts back!?!? pffft.... thanks for coming out though....

staticpat
06-02-2002, 05:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1832795388&r=0&t=0

actually someone on ebay has a set of tailights, hope this helps.

CoAsTeR
06-02-2002, 05:37 PM
no shit eh1?!?! pfft.. I've been lookin' EVERYWHERE for those exact taillights.. I can't find em' anywhere in souther ontario.... one of mine cracked (damn kids) but I can't find em' anywhere...

staticpat
06-02-2002, 05:50 PM
the one i got was from a diff year, fit good but i had to play with the wiring and splice a couple things to get it to work right. keep that in mind when you get your new ones.

CoAsTeR
06-02-2002, 06:04 PM
yah, I've seen other ones from other years and I found that mine is one of the only ones that dont have that little rubber strip between the brake/signal light.... mine is solid plastic.... ahh well, I can live with the crack a little long.... ;)