PDA

View Full Version : Distibutor Gasket?!

LyFeWoRx
04-14-2003, 12:25 PM
I went to the mec. Because im putting a motor in my DSM, And I had them check out the accord while i was there. They told me my Distibutor Gasket or Ring, was leaking. WTF is this? They said its why I had a oil leak.. Well someone help me figure out what they are talking about. And where it is? How hard is it to change? Could this hurt my car running to long like this? Thank you. THey also told me I needed a valve cover gasket change, which i knew, and new fuel filter. I did everything but the Distibutor Gasket/O-Ring. If someone could tell me how to do this, I don't want to mess something up, I have never done it before.

-Michael

PS: Thank you in advance.

shepherd79
04-14-2003, 12:33 PM
it is very easy to do. take out the distributor. look at the end of the distributor, the part that connects to the cam. you should see o-ring there. take it out and replace it with a new one.
the problem is that you have to find a close one.
i get my o-rings from autozone.

LyFeWoRx
04-14-2003, 12:36 PM
If thats bad it would be leaking oil correct? Also. I have like 20 autozones where i live, heh. Whats the part number do you know? Again would it be leaking oil?

anchovies
04-14-2003, 01:08 PM
To get the correct size, just go to Honda. About $1. Or just take it out and match at the parts store. It'll leak if the o-ring is worn and old and not sealing properly.

LyFeWoRx
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by anchovies
To get the correct size, just go to Honda. About $1. Or just take it out and match at the parts store. It'll leak if the o-ring is worn and old and not sealing properly.

Leak Oil Correct?

ACCORD EX
04-14-2003, 02:39 PM
yes !

and when you take off your distributer be sure to mark it's position ! this way you won't be needing a timing light to adjust your ignition timing all over again ! :)

MIKE

shepherd79
04-14-2003, 02:39 PM
yes it will leak oil. you should see it running down your cylinder head, like it does on my car.