PDA

View Full Version : been going on for a while now...

wikkedv15
04-14-2003, 05:29 PM
ok well something is broken in the engine.. u guys are thinking..well that helps..
im going to try to explain this the best that i can..
if u look at th airbox from the right side of the car.. Efi models.. by the way..
there are two vacumn hoses that go into it..
well the one that follows onto some black plastic module or some shit.. above the strut.. is the one that i think is fubared..
reason being
i was getting this.. BURRRRRR sound whenever i barely touched the gas.. i would get the sound.. it was coming from the airbox.. i was like wtf before i found out it was the vacumn line.. if i pull it off.. and ta the throttle so slightly.. and let off. i hear the BURRRRRRRRR coming out the vacumn line..
the ecu didnt throw a code.. so just plugged it off and kept the car as is..
well next day i was driving and after a while the car ran shitty as hell.
i couldnt figure out what it was.. so i just plugged in the vacumn line.. and now the car is fine..
but that sound is there..
so... i checked and unscrewed the il box from the engine bay.. and examine.. well its cracke from the bottom.. so i guess thats causing for it no to be doing its job.. i dont mean like a lil crack.. im talking CRACK
////// //////
////// ///////
////// ////////
example ^^^^
anyhow.. could this bad vacumn line cause the car to backfire alot..?
sorry for such a looongggg asss threaad..
anyhoot.also.. if its not the vacumn line.. what else could it be?
need time adjustmen?
ive talked to a20a1 abou my this problem on aim..
mike if u still have the pic post it.. the pic with the problem item circle plz...
thanks in advance u guys..:)

wikkedv15
04-14-2003, 05:30 PM
oh reason i say backfire.. is bcuz if i go to the back of my car and listen to the exhaust i hear... bu bup......... normal exhaust tone.. bu bup.. in a loop...

ACCORD EX
04-15-2003, 01:21 AM
sure a vacuum leak could do that ! but i am into EFI's ! so i don't what is this vacuum leak !

MIKE