PDA

View Full Version : Brake light fuse keeps blowing!!!

Whitehonda
04-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Hey guys, I got a problem with my friends 89 lx. Her fuse keeps blowing (the moment it is placed in it's holder) and I am not sure what it is. Her turn signals work, rear running lights work, but her break lights just will not come on when she hits the pedel (or anytime for that matter) Any one run into this problem before? I would think it was a wire between the battery and the fuse box shorting out. I also haven't looked at it too closely. Any help would be appriciated!!

Cameron

SiR
04-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Check the wires and harness in the back. I have heard that the harness gets corrided.

88accord
04-15-2003, 07:27 AM
check for a short in the wires by the brake light it may be
grounding out somewhere.

Whitehonda
04-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Well I did happen to look at the wire harness (where the bulbs are located in the trunk) and it seemed alright. I would think that if the fuse keeps blowing right away (without ever touching the brake pedal) that the short would have to be between the battery and the fuse box...right?

Cameron

88LXi/87CRXSi
04-15-2003, 02:36 PM
The short isn't going to be between fuse & battery, that's protected by fuse 21, a 70 amp sucker. Your problem will will be after the fuse. power from the fuse goes to the brake light switch first, before it goes to the lights and shit. Another possibility are the horns, and the power wires going to them. Last thing... big if too, does she have automatic seat belts?? If so, there is a good chance they're shorted, and causing the problem.

-Steve