PDA

View Full Version : What'd I do wrong

jigga89SEi
04-15-2003, 09:08 AM
My Cruise control hasn't worked since I changed my clutch.......I haven't looked under the hood yet.........as a matter of fact I just found out it didn't work anymore last night............Does anyone know why this may be??.......Did I forget to hook something up??.....That is what I think I just don't know what.........Or did I end up fackin' it up when we changed the clutch........any help is greatly appreciated.......Thanx

~Jade~
aka
Jigabu

Blue Impact
04-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Check the clutch pedal. Maybe it's at the point where it'll trigger the cruise to go off.

jigga89SEi
04-15-2003, 09:24 AM
like to much free play or something..........i don't understand what u mean

AZmike
04-15-2003, 11:01 AM
While driving, pull up on the clutch pedal and try to engage the cruise control. If it works, then the clutch pedal switch needs to be adjusted. If it still doesn't turn on, try the same thing with your brake pedal. Both pedals have a switch that says they are all the way up that the cruise control uses to know when to turn off when you depress either pedal.

Immeraufdemhund
04-15-2003, 11:23 AM
if that doesn't work check for any cables loose. Specially ones attached to your engine (why you'd do that when taking off the engine i dunno, but just in case)

ACCORD EX
04-15-2003, 11:27 AM
my bet is on the free play in the clutch lever ! which can cause your cruise not to operate if the clutch is slightly engaged !

MIKE

Immeraufdemhund
04-15-2003, 11:29 AM
that's odd, my cruise turns off when i push my clutch all the way in only. I've tried just pushing it a little. It seems that once the clutch starts to grab then it turns off (i know i just counterdicted my self...but enganged is the same as all the way in my head)

jigga89SEi
04-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Well i was finally on the highway long enough to be able to use my cruise control.........I would just like to thank everyone who chipped in and gave me the info......IT WORKED :D........Now I can be lazy once more.........I just had to pull up on the clutch.........No I don't even have to do that anymore......Thanx again.........

PEACES

ACCORD EX
04-20-2003, 05:06 AM
glad everything is ok ! :)

MIKE