PDA

View Full Version : hello

Rngray5
04-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi, thought i'd introduce myself. I have a everygrowing knowledge of 3rd gen cars. I am on my 4th engine in my LXi in a year. i bought my car last year and i noticed a mild tap that turned out to be a spun bearing. The guy i bought it from is the head mechanic of a local honda dealership, and he said he's never seen the inside bearing spin before on one of our cars, so he replaced teh engine with another A20A3 ( or whatever the LXi number is) driving back from canada, anotehr bearing spun taking out that enginel. i had a salvaged engine dropped in and that had a tap over 3500 rpm, attributed to a wristpin going ( or so those i have consulted say) over X-mas my friends and i did an engine swap with and engine i bought off ebay of all places and that finally worked. so i have one engine stripped down to the block ( second engine, spun bearing) and one engine that runs but has a bad wristpin ( in the process of rebuilding that) i jsut put pacesetter headers on it, some bolts snapped off my header to y pipe so i thought i'd replace that. i didn't know what a hassle it is to plug the breather tube that tehy put in for carb models, i had to have a plug made. umm thats it for now i guess