PDA

View Full Version : Weber Carb Install

87DX
04-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey fellas!

Well my mechanic is stuck and asked me for help. I need a response as fast as possible otherwise this would be in the carb section!

Where does the coolant line for the old carb go? I went to the 'How To' section and it says plug the hole. I just want to double-check this.

He said he hooked it up to the carb and he actually started this car, is this bad?

Let me know, you guys are tight!

Cheers,

Bob

PhydeauX
04-15-2003, 05:49 PM
Coolant line? There never was a coolant line going to the original carb, and I just have to wonder how he was able to hook one up to the weber. There are only 2 places on the weber to hook lines up to. One for the fuel and the other for the vac advance. The coolant passage refered to in the how to is a hole in the manifold. Its near the stud on the driver's side closest to the fire wall. For some odd reason the gasket that comes with the weber kit has a cut out in it that allows the coolant to flow into the manifold. You just need to go to autozone, get a roll of gasket paper, and cut out a new gasket for it. Some people choose to eliminate the coolant lines that run to the manifold when they install the weber. To do that you just unhook both lines from the manifold and couple them together. Be forwarned if you do this your temp gauge will no longer work. Wether or not you by pass the coolant to the manifold you need to block off that port with a new gasket.

andy

87DX
04-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Your a life saver, thanks man!

shepherd79
04-15-2003, 06:05 PM
original carb has coolant line.
if you look at the intake manifold, you will see that coolant line will come in on one side and comeout on the other side, but right under the manifold, there is a 3rd coolant line that connect to the carb. you have to plug the line.
the two lines on the side you have to connect them together without going trough the intake manifold.

A20A1
04-16-2003, 12:16 PM
I sure hope you didn't connect that coolant line to the carb... :stick: