PDA

View Full Version : My own KIT!

Guyver007
06-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Im thinking bout makeing my own kit, so far im lookin at the camaro kit and puting it on my car as someone did a front lip to theres only the camaro kit will make it look alot lower... im not sure about the side skirts yet but im gonna check it out how it looks at a junk yard first if i see i can do the side skirts great if not then ill just do the front and back and find some other side skirts, make it a real costum job peace

Inabj2
06-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Good luck post us your progress! :super:

smufguy
06-03-2002, 08:33 PM
the ones from the camaro is gonna be huge. u sure its gonna fit? what year camaro are u lookin at. the side skirts are good from the transport mini van.

A20A1
06-03-2002, 10:03 PM
well the bigger the better cause it's easier to cut the lip shorter then it is to lengthen a lip

Guyver007
06-04-2002, 05:30 PM
In a way thats why i choose the camaro cause i know if it doesnt fit i can cut it in the middle and size it down till it does.. Ima gonna post up my car pics "or try" right now but im still not sure, YES IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP but im not one of those pritty boys that have the money to do things to there car often.. so Be easy on me..

smufguy
06-04-2002, 05:55 PM
nah man, it wont look bad. U got innovative ideas and as u konw its what ppl love on this forum. New ideas to make our cars more efficient both outside and inside. I am really eager to look at your mod man. Keep it up. :) :wave: :flash:

Guyver007
06-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Well i just put a cherry bomb on my accord.. Sounds aight, it has that low sound not too loud me likes but i will upgrade to an original turbo muffler as soon as i got the money the camaro kit ill be puting on in about 2 weeks"waiting on next check" so bare with me ... If anyone wants to see my cars pics i still dont know how to post them up here so that they show so check them out at my homepage at www.GeoCities.com/DaSlick19 peace ..:wave:

Guyver007
08-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Sorry Guys i tend to loose my posts... hehehe well i did the Lip a while ago.. Looks nice i like it ,cant wait till i drop the car so it looks lower then it looks already it added about 2 inchs to the bumber on the bottom... now im just trying to find a job so i can get it into a body shop to make it into one peace with my factory bumber... The side skirts dont fit i tried it at the junk but no luk so im looking to find another sideskirt the back bumber i still havent checked to see if itll fit... If you guys would like to see some pics of what it currently looks like visit my homepage at www.Goecities.com/DaGuyverX18/ please give me some comments on what you think good or bad but dont go makeing me feel like crap about what i did .. thanks guys laters...

2Fast_Fiero
08-13-2002, 11:00 PM
APC has clear signal lights for the bumper, they are nice and crystal style, but if you want them, they are actualy made for a old chevy S10, 82 I belive, I bought a pair and compaired them to the stock ones, and they look like they will fit perfectly, with a lil mods cus the mounts are different. Look into that!

YK86
08-14-2002, 12:36 AM
You can use plastic filler and fill it/mould it to your bumper yourself. The steps are just like when you do bondo. All you need is a bit of practice and patience. Body work never comes out good when you rush.

2Fast_Fiero
08-14-2002, 01:04 AM
WHo's accord is that on your lil pic?

YK86
08-14-2002, 01:20 AM
Mine.

smufguy
08-14-2002, 03:59 AM
if u got a 89 then ur a lucky bastard like most of us. Just pop the orange thing out, and u got clears.

2Fast_Fiero
08-14-2002, 07:29 AM
Dude, what body kit do you have? thats tight as hell man! I'm gonna use the APC Diamond Signal lamps anyways. I was gonna use the 89 Signal lamps but the junk yards want more for them then APC wants for thiers, its insane.

smufguy
08-14-2002, 02:18 PM
well as u know, every damn crap from stock is fucking expensive. headlights for a 90 camry was 300 bucks from the dealer. i was like, fuck u and went and got it for 25 bucks from the junk for my dad, well, not all junkyards are cheap as this dude. :)

YK86
08-14-2002, 02:23 PM
I have a Xenon kit. I have some new pics I took a few days ago in the pics section.

Guyver007
08-14-2002, 03:19 PM
I tried doing the moulding myself but it hardens toofast, or atleast the one i got and it ends up all nasty lookin so i might as well just wait till i paint my car, i already asked its 150 for the bumber alone they redo the it and make it into one peace "so he said" i screwed it on there going to unscrewit and put it aligned at the bottom of the bumber and use fiberglass or something to make it into one peace or something like that he said so its actually going to make the bumber way lower then i have it now. the way i put it on it added 2 inchs to the bumber on the bottom the way there going to it is going to add 3 to 4 inchs or whatever the width of the camaro lip. Hope everyone one understood what i said cause i didnt.. but its gonna make the car look way lower in the front without droping it... and once i drop it the 2 inchs i want to itll be all over the floor i figured what the hell let it burn out till it brakes in to the suspension hehehehe shouldnt be much .. did everyone see the pics?

smufguy
08-15-2002, 05:07 AM
dude, dont take it the wrong way. but u soooooo need a 89 bumper. The older bumpers just dont do it good man. i like the lower lip, just get the 89 bumper and it will be nice. i dont really like the older bumpers thought.

Guyver007
08-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Yea i want to get the newer ones too but i dont know if the lip will fit it now after i sized it down to this one i have now.. are they the same on the bottom as the old ones?

smufguy
08-19-2002, 06:40 AM
it is not. the front is the same, but the side runners are a bit longer for the 89 than its older counterparts.