PDA

View Full Version : Very Bad Vibration

BigCook
04-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Ok, my car feels like wet dog drying off. I am getting a lot of vibration when at a stand still. I changed all the motor mounts and it did nothing. It vibrates in gear a lot and a little less when in park. Now here's the weird thing. When I turn on any thing electric ( power windows, door locks, headlights, a/c, etc..) it gets worse, much worse. I talked to the auto shop and they said to check my transmission. I don't think this is it because it would not be affected by my headlights. Maybe I'm wrong. I think it is my EACV. When I warm up the car and unplug it, I don't notice any change in idle. Is this normal or is it broken? I don't know how to test it. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

PS. Auto tranny. FI

anchovies
04-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Not normal afaik.
The idle should go erratic.

maxoutracer
04-17-2003, 03:56 AM
please check your ground wires, when i have 89 LXi it was use to shake like hell when it's idle or in gear, but it was just a faulty ground wire, tighten the bolt and fixed.

might worth a shot...

ACCORD EX
04-17-2003, 04:18 AM
how is your RPM ?

MIKE

BigCook
04-17-2003, 04:27 AM
rpm in idle about 800 in park. When I put it in drive it drops a little. I change the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and power coil.