PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problems

Sabz5150
04-17-2003, 09:05 AM
More troubles... My engine isn't getting the fuel it wants. The A/F meter bangs all the way to lean and the car hesitates, sometimes almost completely stalling. I replaced the fuel pump, but to no avail. Any ideas what else I can look at to get this problem taken care of?

Also, my tach needle likes to jump occasionally. There's no change in RPMs but the needle will tick up a few rpms for an instant like it was shot with a blast o electricity.

Help!!!!!

maxoutracer
04-17-2003, 01:34 PM
check with your intake filter, fuel filter, and fuel injectors, it might be dirty or cologed up. if you rpm bobble that's mean you coil is getting old and need to be replaced. if i'm was in your postion, i would changing the fuel filter first(i doubt that your air filter is dirty), if that don't work out then go check the injectors. my 87 LS is running super rich and i don't knoe why, hehe... i smell the raw gas coming from the exhaust, pretty much a faulty o2 sensor, hehe... lazy to replace, lol...

AccordEpicenter
04-17-2003, 02:49 PM
it could mean your coil and it could be your distributor. If the distributor is making a sound like there is a small rock banging around in there than that is it. If you have bad fuel problems did you try changing your filter?

anchovies
04-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Aren't you the one using prelude ecu?

maxoutracer
04-18-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by anchovies

that possible?

Sabz5150
04-18-2003, 07:57 AM

That's me. It's definitely the distributor causing the trouble, I can hear crap rattling around in it.

The ECU is possible if you've got an 86-87 Accord.

1988starter
04-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Yea sounds like a distributer problem I had got a new one from autozone for like 170 with a lifetime warenty.

anchovies
04-18-2003, 01:34 PM
I was thinking that the prelude ecu is the one giving you the fuel problems. But, it's the same oem ecu for your 86.
When does it read lean? When does it wanna stall? WOT? Idle?

Sabz5150
04-19-2003, 07:42 AM
I was thinking that the prelude ecu is the one giving you the fuel problems. But, it's the same oem ecu for your 86.
When does it read lean? When does it wanna stall? WOT? Idle?

During normal driving.

1988starter
04-19-2003, 07:46 AM
you might want to check your pressure regulator. I would suggest an ajustiable one from cosmo racing.
http://www.geocities.com/geezpict/2003/fpr.txt

bobafett
04-19-2003, 10:35 AM
hey sabz when you installed the lude ECU did you notice ANY performance gains, or was it more of a convenience mod? (like you needed one and happened to have the lude ECU)

anchovies
04-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
hey sabz when you installed the lude ECU did you notice ANY performance gains, or was it more of a convenience mod? (like you needed one and happened to have the lude ECU)

It's the same ecu.

Sabz5150, what other mods you have. Maybe it's time for a fpr.

Sabz5150
04-20-2003, 08:24 AM
It's the same ecu.

Sabz5150, what other mods you have. Maybe it's time for a fpr.

I just installed a Vortech FPR :)

I got the problems solved finally, part of it was the fuel pump I got to replace the "broken" one was faulty. I put my old pump back in (got my damn money back) and it still worked great. I also replaced my distributor, found one in perfect condition at the boneyard. After all that and a bit of ignition adjustment, my car was back to her old self :D

No, the Prelude ECU was not a convenience mod. I was checking out IF the computer did anything, and found that it goes real well when paired with the Lude's distributor.

As for my mods, click the link in my sig.

anchovies
04-21-2003, 01:57 PM
The prelude ecu has the same part # as the 86-87 accords. It's the same one aint' it. At least from the prelude si.