PDA

View Full Version : no heat from central vents

jakeh024
04-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Hey Guys anyone have this problem before. I did a coolant system flush about 3 months ago and bleed the air out and the whole nine, but ever since when I have the heat on or any hot air blowing through the vents for that matter, hot air will only come out of the side vents and only cold air will blow from the central vents in the dash. Anyone?... :werd:

cubert
04-17-2003, 12:46 PM
try messing with the different buttons...like the ones that say heat and whatever ones are surrounding that..i cant think of what they are off the top of my head. but when mine is on heat only cold air comes out..but everything else is ok

88LXi/87CRXSi
04-17-2003, 01:20 PM
If it doesn't make a difference if the cool vent lever between the center vents is up or down (down for heat) then maybe the cable has slipped and needs adj. Don't really know, haven't had a problem with mine ...... yet.

-Steve

maxoutracer
04-17-2003, 01:25 PM
if i'm correct, there should be like the one switch right on the middle of the vent, part of thje climate control. if push upward it will pull fresh air from the engine bay and downward the heater air. it's like optional for people they have fresh air coming in the middle vent and heater on the side vents. only on LXi or SEi models.

POS carb
04-17-2003, 02:02 PM
my 87 LX has that

MrBen
04-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Um, LX and above has that. DX should be the only model without it, however, I am unsure of European models etc.

buzzbomber88lx
04-17-2003, 02:49 PM
a cable probably might have slipped off but it would be kind of hard to slip off because there are little holders that keep the cable inside but it does just slip off of the little stud kind of thing it goes onto.

AccordEpicenter
04-17-2003, 02:51 PM
yeah what maxout says is true... Its for ac or somthing but it wont give you heat without it.

rocky2
04-18-2003, 05:21 AM
If your not getting any heat. Grab holdt of the 2 heater hoses going to heatercore and see if there hot. after a ride. If they are then most likely things were dropped into defroster ductwork finding there way to the flaps and jamming them such as lighters,pens/pencils,cigars/smokes,who knows what else.