PDA

View Full Version : Oil

Elijah
04-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Heres a dumb question! What does it mean if there is oil coming out of your spark plug??Not on an accord though it is on an 85 olds mobile????

Elijah
04-17-2003, 11:56 PM
anyone reply does anyone know what this means? it still runs and stuff but oil just squirts up on the engine and burns!

maxoutracer
04-18-2003, 01:25 AM
leaky valve cover gasket, spark plug gasket, or someone spill oil when doing a oil change in the pass. do you see the oil on the spray plug it self when you remove it? if so might need some new valve seals.

ACCORD EX
04-18-2003, 02:24 PM
out of teh spark plug ??? seriously blown head gasket !

MIKE

Elijah
04-19-2003, 06:45 PM
yeah it is on the spark plug when you take out the spark plug it shoots up a little bit. How long can you drive it like this???

anchovies
04-19-2003, 11:21 PM
You'll just be driving with less one cylinder. Of course fixing it is the best way.

ACCORD EX
04-20-2003, 05:01 AM
does it run ok ! ( i don't think so ! )
anyway running like this is bad on the cylinder that does this !

MIKE

Elijah
04-20-2003, 12:05 PM
No it seems to run really good! Note it is not an accord it is a 85 oldsmobile. I dont care if it dies I am just wondering how long it will run like this! But no every little while it will stall because the carb needs to be cleaned and adjusted but other than that it is pretty good! I bought it in october from this old couple who had it since new! So I cant understand why it would even be in such bad shape! I only drove it for maybe a month on and off just when I couldnt drive my accord!

OldSchoolSwap
04-21-2003, 04:42 AM
If oil is introduced into the combustion chamber you should have smoke comming out of your tail pipe, this can mean alot of diffrent issues and none are simple. Have it checked by a mech.

If its just oil slipping into the spark plug hole, it may be a faulty valve cover gasket that is fixable for under $20.

Good luck! and either way, have it checked. There is no telling how much longer it may last you under these conditions if you don't have it looked at.

Elijah
04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Thank you everyone who replied to my thread! Elijahs Wife