PDA

View Full Version : Big Problems!

HondaManDan
06-01-2002, 07:04 PM
alright, the other day i was doing about 40 mph, there was no one infront of me so i sped up right.... well i got to about 53mph when my car just stopped accelorating and the tack went flying between .5 and 4 rpm (1000x) so i stoped and turned around... when i got going again it did the same thing only at 30 mph! so i had to drive home at 25 mph with my blinkers on... i had 1/4 a tank so what's going on here? i mean i cant drive my car. is something caught in the fuel line? is my tranny slipping? (it's an auto) so yeah i dont know what to do...
ALSO! i have another probem, i just put BRAND NEW struts in the front AND back of my car a week ago. the front end after a couple of days started clunkin. normal? or do things need to be tightened?...
ONE LAST PROBLEM! i think my disks are warped because when i go to stop... well a) my break pedal has to go about 1/2 way down before it grabs b) it's full of fluid but it seems only the right side grabs, well both grab, but the right grabs more and C) when i go to stop my car shakes a little. left and right kinda... so is my car totay f***ed or what? little help please i love my honda.!
:wtf: :werd: :crying: :( :mad: :burn:

89AccordNate
06-01-2002, 10:18 PM
The brake problem is the rotors. Change your pads and rotors just to be safe.

As for the other problem, I dont know since I dont drive an auto and dont read much on them!

Nate.

rocky2
06-02-2002, 04:30 AM
If your engine's reving and your not moving thats a slipping transmission. Try to replace fliud and top off fliud as per owners manuel.

Double check all nuts/bolts for tightness on struts.

Try to manuely adjust rear brake shoes,with a screwdriver/adjusting wrench,then see how pedal feels.
The rear brake adjust is important:thats where the pedal feel comes in with a disc/drum system.