PDA

View Full Version : clickedy click click

'A20A3'
04-18-2003, 04:29 PM
ok, i've been hearing clicking noises coming from out behind my dashboard, like from behind my guages and shit. i'll just be driving down the road, and the whole time i hear>>click *counts 1-one thousand* click *counts 1-one-thousand*. it's like a very quiet click though. if i wasn't paying attention, i wouldn't have heard it over my loud exhaust. i asked my dad about it, and he said it's probably the speedometer cable, because it's the only mechanical thing back there or something like that. blah blah. i really don't wanna have to take my dash apart unless i have to, so if any of you guys know anything about this, or have an idea of what this is for sure, please tell me.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Well I have my doubts that it is your speedometer cable since it is spinning very fast and therefore if something was wrong there you would hear it at a faster rate. Now has this began after you did something with the dash or was it just random? Does it occur only at a certain speed? I am guessing it could be electrical such as a relay clicking. Check your blinker relay maybe it is making the noise. Does it sound like a relay type click or just something metallic hitting? Does your speedo needle bounce?

I would check for mechanical problems by removing the gauge visor and making sure the speedo cable is nice and tight. Then you could start checking your electrical system for problems.

Hope you find this helpful.

'A20A3'
04-18-2003, 04:59 PM
thanks. i think i'm going to take the dash apart tomorrow afternoon, and check and make sure everything is nice and snug. thanks for the help.:D

POS carb
04-18-2003, 07:46 PM
watch the milage, see if it's stuck

maxoutracer
04-18-2003, 08:01 PM
check the trip-o-meter, reset it and it will be fixed. i had the problem before sometime it get stucked and i will try to roll but can't once you reset your kool for that annoying noise, hehe...

89LXIGUY
04-23-2003, 07:37 PM
yeah mine does that annoying clicking shit too. I am kind of leaning towards something electrical. Mine was doing it before i took my dash apart and after thorough checking of the speedo cable and everything else , it still freakin clicked. I tried the trip to cause mine was stuck, but no good. trip works, still freakin clicking!

ACCORD EX
04-24-2003, 03:39 AM
is it rpm related ! ?? does it go if you press in the clutch while there is sound !

MIKE

89LXIGUY
04-24-2003, 09:51 AM
don't know but i'll try it!

'A20A3'
04-24-2003, 06:53 PM
damn..that sucks...mines a auto so i can't try that. i feel so left out.:sadwave:

bradccool
04-24-2003, 07:03 PM
I know exactly what yall are talking about.....I think I notice it more with a fast Idle....I asumed it was the vac box controling shyt.......or somthing electrical....I think its normal I put a post about this one other time......... I think the subject was *computer type sound* or somthing....no one really answered

Outlaw
06-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Mine does it when the air conditioner is running... there's a relay under the dash that activates the compressor. Every time the compressor turns on, I hear a click under the dash... works like it's supposed to, so I'll just have to learn to ignore the noise...