PDA

View Full Version : Flex pipe?

JasonSeI
04-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Of course I get my a/c recharged, and get my e-break fixed and now my flex pipe is going going gone.... :mad: Went to a parts store, and my god that thing is expensive :eek: So now I'm left with a leaking and noisy ass car. This is a 89 accord sei with an auto tranny. Now what can I do to get around buying a new flex pipe for about 200 bucks?? Any possabilitys out there?

Jason

bobafett
04-19-2003, 10:54 AM
buy a set of pacesetter headers for less than 200, and get a new header, gain some HP, and use the new downpipe! :)

JasonSeI
04-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Ok so not to sound retarted but were would I go online to get this stuff from, I'm really not looking to make this car all out fast, its more of a daily driver, its fun don't get me wrong!!

So I think I need a new cat, as well as the car has 208,*** miles on it, so with these cars can I deleat the cat, and just get the headder, and the down pipe and poke threw the cat. and everything be cool or what?

So whats a site I can go to order this at?

Thanks,

Jason

bobafett
04-19-2003, 12:00 PM
www.nopionline.com i belive you can order the headers from there..

and since its cheaper than buying a new downpipe you might as well..

of course gutting the cat is not legal, but you could always do it anyway. and if you dont have emissions then its probably not a big deal... or you could order a "high flow cat" thats actually a test pipe from www.massivemotorsports.com

member frequently sell used pacesetter headers on the board, so keep an eye out!

guaynabo89
04-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Go to muffler shop and have them weld in a universal flexpipe.

Should be around 80 dollars depending where you go.

dXsquared
04-19-2003, 02:13 PM
jcwhittney.com has them for like 30 bucks... then you go to the muffler shop and get it welded in for like 10 bucks and your set.. and get a universal hi flo cat and get it welded in at the same time as well

Travis

wthramann
04-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Out of curiosity, what did it run you to have your A/C recharged?

rocky2
04-20-2003, 08:13 AM
local boneyard "pick and pull" bring a hacksaw cut off beyond flange

meohmy01
04-20-2003, 07:28 PM
it doesn't say where you live or anything. but i have 2 brand new flex pipes, the entire section from the header to the cat. ill only be using one of them so i'd be willing to sell it to you fairly inexpensivley. if it would work on an se-i

JasonSeI
04-25-2003, 09:54 AM
I don't know if it would work on an sei, I need one that came off a motor with FI, and its a auto, if yours is a dual pipe, then goes in to 1, and your flex isn't messed up I'd take it. Of course I'd want a photo or two. what is your flex pipe off of?

Thanks,
Jason

a/c the guy converted it to like R 12 or soemthing cost me like 70 bucks I'd say about 100 ( he does all my work on my car, and gives me deals and such "family friend")

I live in avoca IA

buzzbomber88lx
04-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Why don't you ask other people for a used 3g flex pipe. I've got one I can sell if you want