PDA

View Full Version : sway bar bushings

Tim Yoak
04-19-2003, 12:48 PM
does anyone make eurthane suspension kits for these cars? help!!

anchovies
04-19-2003, 11:02 PM
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1519
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9855
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6187

hth

stgardner
04-26-2003, 08:02 PM
On my '88 LXi hatch I replaced the front sway bar bushings with an Energy Suspensions universal kit, 9-5126.

Go to this link http://www.energysuspension.com/swaybb.html

You'll have to measure the diameter of your sway bar, although sometimes the old black bushings have the size imprinted on them. Most of the front bars I've seen are on the half millimeter, so choose a bushing that is just a little small. You can always remove some material, if it's too tight. When you install the new bracket, you might have to grind down a corner to make it fit. I got my bushings from Summit Racing.

When I put on my Suspension Techniques saway bar, polyurethane bushings came with it. So I don't know what rears will work on your car.

Tim Yoak
04-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Do you have the part number from sumit for the bushings you got? I saw the poly bushing they had but they didn't have the end link ones i wanted. What size did you use? Mine will be the same as the ones you had. I ordered uerthane rod from msc and I am going to make my own end links. The end links are very easy to make. Havw you ever seen a bushing made for the rods that connect the front frame to the lower control arms? this would be a point that would help the suspension a great deal because it would hold the camber better in the corners. I may get a new one and measure it. the material is just very expensive. :confused:

stgardner
04-30-2003, 12:39 PM
I used an Energy Suspension kit, I think. The part number, according to my receipt, was 16-8104. I believe it was for the Civic, but worked fine for my Accord. The bushings and a long bolt are included. The bolt may require trimming. I got the kit from a place called Suspension Restoration Parts (www.suspension.com, 209-578-5101).

I don't have a lead on the other bushing that you re talking about, sorry.

I just read your car's description. Could explain how you did an Integra rear disc conversion? Is it as involved as the SEi rear disc conversion?

Tim Yoak
05-02-2003, 10:08 AM
somewhere on here is an entire thread/argument on this particular subject. Go with the sei much eaisier. I did my conversion a long time ago and I don't even remember how i did some of it. I broke one of the rear hubs,don't ask, so for now I'm back to good old crappy drums until i find an sei. did the second generation prelude come with rear discs ? I'm wondering if one of those might fit. The sei will basically bolt up you just change out the whole assembly and change the proportioning valve. If you can't find thew sei proportioning valve you can get one off an integra with rear discs, first generation. It has the same master cylinder as the 3rd gen accords. Thats the integra that looks like a three gee hatch. supposedly thats where the accord hatch went after 89 it became the integra hatch in the mid eightys. thats the urban lenend i've heard on it.

AccordSi
05-04-2003, 06:09 AM
2gwn Prelude won't work, I tried it before. It's too different, too much modifications.

Tim Yoak
05-05-2003, 12:26 PM
thank you i'm going to just build my end link bushings myself. I know places where you can get an sei so i'll check them out. I'm going with the plan to upgrade the original engine. i'm afraid if i get the jdm engine something may break and i won't be able to just go to the auto parts store to fix it. two liters is two liters and you can get a lot of power out of this block i'm told. i'm old school carb. so i like tinkering with jets and such. going to do the webber the kehin is shot and gaspig for breath. :help: anyway will let you know how the bushings turned out. :D

Tim Yoak
05-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Tim Yoak
thank you i'm going to just build my end link bushings myself. I know places where you can get an sei so i'll check them out. I'm going with the plan to upgrade the original engine. i'm afraid if i get the jdm engine something may break and i won't be able to just go to the auto parts store to fix it. two liters is two liters and you can get a lot of power out of this block i'm told. i'm old school carb. so i like tinkering with jets and such. going to do the webber the kehin is shot and gaspig for breath. :help: anyway will let you know how the bushings turned out. :D :huh: ooops was that a post? meant to send a reply to person. oh well no harm done.

Tim Yoak
05-08-2003, 12:39 PM
:cool: all right i made the sway bar biscuits my self will put them on later info. polyeurthane 80a durometer(thats how hard the material is) 7/8 diameter 1/2 inch thick with the hole drilled with a letter n bit. got the material from mcmaster carr. search the web they are on line.