PDA

View Full Version : need some help

cubert
04-20-2003, 03:06 PM
ok..im not too into the whole car audio thing...not meaning i dont like it but i dont know whats good and whats bad and such. But im kinda getting sick of just having the regular speakers in the accord...and want to get a decent system..and was wondering if some people could give me some suggestions on what i should get..yes..i know this may be a dumb question..but could someone help?
:sadwave:

Vanilla Sky
04-20-2003, 04:10 PM
www.sounddomain.com... use the reviews there and pick something that you would think you would like...

better yet, go to a dealer and listen to a bunch then pick the ones that sound best to you

personally, i like the new pioneers (blue cone with th aramid fibers) and even better, infinity speakers... if it's not a problem, go with components in the front... i had a set of infinity reference components in the front with a set of cheap tube subs in the trunk, and a really old sony amp, and i didn't need any other rear fill

shepherd79
04-20-2003, 04:46 PM
well, it is all depends on how much money you have and what is your goal.
i love alpine. they make the best stuff.
my recomendation for a good sound system would be to get 4 speakers, nice HU and one sub with amp.
it should give you nice sound.
if you want something more, you can always add 4ch amp for the speakers.
this is a great company http://www.crutchfield.com/ they sell good stuff for a dealer price.
i think you should decide what you want and search ebay or internet for better deals.

87accordDxRocFosStyl
04-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Try www.etronics.com they beat everyones price once you decide on what your getting.

86hatchbackLXi
04-21-2003, 12:41 PM
start with a good head unit seeing as this is what runs your system, look into pioneer, alpine, kenwood. make sure it has preamp outputs if you want to add amps later, and also you may want an mp3 player too. for speakers i would go with infinity, pioneer or jl audio. once you have this done then you can start looking into subs,amps and all that stuff.

Vanilla Sky
04-21-2003, 03:53 PM
speakers first so you can run the stock deck for a while if need be

shepherd79
04-21-2003, 04:08 PM
stock radio can't push aftermarket speakers hard enough.
just buy speakes and HU together.

Vanilla Sky
04-21-2003, 06:32 PM
i mean if you are buying either the speakers of the headunit... the aftermaked unit will overpower the stock speakers... is definately is BEST to AT LESAT buy the headunit and speakers FOR STARTERS

crwa
04-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Do a Blaupunkt RPD 555 deck, Eclipse speakers all around and do a 300 watt amp, pushing a decent sub. All together that will probably run you $700, but it will be a good system, and sound good inside your car...

87DXHatch
04-30-2003, 04:58 PM
I'd have to say be cautious about Blaupunkt Head Units. Two of my friends have bought them, and they both have trouble reading slightly scratched CDs, any burned CDs, and they will sometimes not even eject the CD's...

Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, Eclipse... they all make very good quality Head Units.

crwa
05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
I have the same problem with the ejection on my blau., but it reads burned cd's fine, but scratched it skips sometimes and not others,, but all and al it's a good head unit.

goldyaccord
05-01-2003, 03:39 PM
I'd stick with Alpine or Pioneer... I have not heard the Eclipses yet.