PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to just paint my quarter panel?

meohmy01
04-21-2003, 03:55 PM
i got my car painted at maaco in august and all is good but there is some serious bubbling happening above the drver side wheel well. i wan't to fix it but is it possible to get the paint from maaco and do it myself? and is it possible to just paint the quarter panel and not have to blend it in. keep in mind this is a 94 accord not a 3 gee, not that it really makes a difference.

TJ89Accord
04-21-2003, 04:59 PM
you would be better off havin a body shop do it. They could probably blen it in so that you cant notice.

tim

YK86
04-21-2003, 05:08 PM
It should be covered by their warranty. Take it back and get them to fix it for free.

meohmy01
04-21-2003, 05:08 PM
it's not that easy. i have no money. if it's the same color i wouldn't think that there would be a noticable difference. especially if i tape everything off and paint the entire quarter panel

meohmy01
04-22-2003, 05:23 AM
wow yk86. you must have posted while i was typing my message because i didn't see it untill today. but i called and they said "all the body work was done when it came in so we aren't responsible" however the hood has a bunch of spots where the paint is flaking and there are a couple areas where it is falling off around the headlights. they also only painted like half of the grille (when the hood is shut that's all you see) and the inside of the door handles are brown? should i call them? do you think they would sell me a gallon of this paint?

meohmy01
04-22-2003, 05:24 AM
i did the midrange paint job so it has a 2 year warranty.