PDA

View Full Version : Storms Suck!

Project-LXi
04-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, it looks like Im gonna have to put off lowering my car for another 2 weeks :rant:

So I coming back from a party at UC Santa Cruz, headed up to my house along a windy forest road. Its about 4:30 am. No other cars on the road. On one of the windiest turns in the road, a large "S" turn, there is a tree branch, a big one mind you maybe it was even a small tree, and it is lying conveniently across the entire road! I slam on the brakes, but there was really nothing I could do, the branch hit the very top few inches of the windshield, sending cracks down the entire piece of glass. :banghead: Also one of the branches coming down from main one snapped off my driver's side mirror. Other than that, no major damage, and nobody was hurt (the branch just slid over the top of my car.)

I picked up a new mirror at the pick n pull, and as soon as I get paid (wed), Im gonna replace the windshield (total coming to around $300, for the same quality tinted glass and the sealing gasket). So, sadly, I wont be able to afford all the parts for lowering just yet, and will need to wait another 2 weeks or so before I can afford all the parts.

Oh well, life goes on.

Project-LXi
04-21-2003, 05:29 PM
AH! and to think, if only my car was already lowered, I probbly woundnt have even hit it!! :mad:

Jims 86LXI HB
04-21-2003, 09:11 PM
I had my glass replaced for allot less than that, call around, it'll have the same quality and upper tinted band. If I recall I only paid $180 and they did the work in my driveway.

AccordEpicenter
04-21-2003, 09:13 PM
that reminds me of my old house down the street. A year after i moved a bad bad storm made the tree next to the driveway fall over and smash the hell out of one of their cars. Good thing we moved because it was where i used to park... It was kinda funny too because it took out the basketball net and bent it right over

1988starter
04-23-2003, 08:09 AM
That happned to my car a couple weeks ago big ice storm then bam bu\ig tree breanch hits my car fell about 15-20 ft. well it is in the shop now getting repaired I was so mad.

badmonkeynobanna
04-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Try driving the first snow in Alaska, every one here has forgotten how to drive, by then.

Project-LXi
04-25-2003, 09:40 PM
I looked around a bit and found a place that does it for $235. Getting it done on Monday.

netfreak
04-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
AH! and to think, if only my car was already lowered, I probbly woundnt have even hit it!! :mad:

Hahaha sad but true.

ACCORD EX
04-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Project-LXi

regrets my friend ! :D :lol !

MIKE