PDA

View Full Version : car wont start...

wikkedv15
04-21-2003, 06:10 PM
well all day today the car has been working fine.. late in the afternoon i went to turn it on to park it behind my sisters car.. right in front of the garage door.. like usual.. and the car didnt turn on..
the only thing it did was make one tick noise..
whenever i turn over the car.. so i was like
Hmmm. lemme let it roll back..
so it rolled back and i got it started... using the clutch..
the joy of a manual car..:D
anyhoot.. i left it on and checked under the hood.. and everything is running well..
turned it off..
went to turn it back on. and same issue.. doesnt start
does anyone know what it is
starter maybe?

1988starter
04-21-2003, 06:12 PM
do you have power at all

wikkedv15
04-21-2003, 06:17 PM
yup
the lights dont dim likey they did when my alt. was bad..
it turns on and runs like always.. but when i turn it off.. and try to turn it on like normal it wont turn on .. it just makes 1 single click.. noise..

1988starter
04-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Well If you cannot hear your starter that is probably it.

wikkedv15
04-21-2003, 06:34 PM
damn.. lol my mom told me that i could hit the starter and it might work.. something about the starter not stopping right.. so its like in a bad position or some shit.. i dunno.. but ive seen it done and the starter worked.. so who knows..

1988starter
04-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Go for it and check the wires going into it.

JoRdan
04-21-2003, 06:38 PM
could be your battery i had the same prob jumped it and now i just dont play the radio with the car off

ACCORD EX
04-22-2003, 12:44 AM
it's the BW wire going to the starter ( a small thin wire that comes from the ignition swith ! ) check that it's not loose !

if it's fine so it' propably your ignition switch ! spray some WD40 in there !

MIKE

ALTERED4
04-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
it's the BW wire going to the starter ( a small thin wire that comes from the ignition swith ! ) check that it's not loose !

if it's fine so it' propably your ignition switch ! spray some WD40 in there !

MIKE

where have i seen this same post before :confused: ;)...

wickedv, dont be dumb like me and go out and spend 100 dollars on a starter when in fact, the problem might lie somewhere else... turn your key to the "on" position, and run a jumper wire from the bw connector on the starter (the one accord ex is talking about) to the positive terminal on the battery... if the starter turns the motor, dont buy a new starter...

ACCORD EX
04-22-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ALTERED4
where have i seen this same post before :confused: ;)...

:D :lol !

wikkedv15 : do as ALTERED4 said but be sure to disconnect that connect before connecting the positive battery to it ! :)

MIKE

wikkedv15
04-22-2003, 11:54 AM
lol .. ok.. the jumpers are in my moms car so i gotta wait till she gets home..

wikkedv15
04-22-2003, 11:56 AM
ok accord ex i didnt get it.. before to disconnect that.. connnect. i think ur missing a few words in there or something..
no offense. but repeat that plz

wikkedv15
04-22-2003, 12:05 PM
ok guys this is like totally a newbie question..
BUT WERE THE FLIP IS THE STARTER ON THE 3G?

ACCORD EX
04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
look at the pic below !
# 1 is the starter !
# 2 is teh wire we are talking about !
remove the rubber ( coverign teh plug ) gently check if the wire ( B/W wire )is good connected ! if yes , remove it , turn the ignition ON , hold a wire between the + battery and the socket where the plug goes to in the starter ! once the car catches ( starts ) disconnect wire immedietly or you'll fry your starter !
if the starter won't turn at all ! check teh engine ground ! if ok so it's your starter gone !

if it works fine !use pilars to tighten the plug at the end of the B/W wire and try starting teh car using teh ignition switch ! if it runs ok so that was the problem

if not , spray some WD 40 in the ignition switch and pray ! :D

good luck !

MIKE