PDA

View Full Version : Noticed Something..

88LX-iSedan
04-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Today i was looking over my car and noticed there is a huge hole in the bottom of my muffler, Should i cut it off?

AccordEpicenter
04-21-2003, 09:17 PM
sure why not

HondaMan
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
I'm running from the cat straight back to a 4" tip, sounds decent

Blue Impact
04-22-2003, 12:00 AM
Wouldn't you only be making the hole bigger by cutting the existing hole out? Maybe you should just patch back together using those muffler patching kits.

88LX-iSedan
04-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Sorry i meant cut the muffler off not cut the hole out seeing that the hole it's self is bigger than the pipe.(correct me if i misunderstand) The reason i asked is because im little tight on $ now (Speed ticket plus no insurance and i was in a hit and run accident ...some other bs as well) otherwise i would just buy a catbak because the downpipes have holes all through it in addition to the muffler.

Morpheus
04-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by 88LX-iSedan
Sorry i meant cut the muffler off not cut the hole out seeing that the hole it's self is bigger than the pipe.(correct me if i misunderstand) The reason i asked is because im little tight on $ now (Speed ticket plus no insurance and i was in a hit and run accident ...some other bs as well) otherwise i would just buy a catbak because the downpipes have holes all through it in addition to the muffler.

lol, ur just asking for trouble.

U drive with no insurance and you got in an accident with no insurance?

88LX-iSedan
04-22-2003, 02:23 PM
heh, No.. My car was in the shop for a while from the engine being previously blown. So i seen no point in paying for insurance during that period of time. Once i had the car back about a week later i got the Ticket without insurance ..So i went to court and all that shit. They told me to take the driving class and get insurance ...So a week or two goes by i get the insurance and in a few more days i was going to take the class. BUT! 2 days after i had the insurance it was about 1AM and i was taking my friend home ..Pulled up to a red light behind a 95 Celica and across the street there was a cop that had already pulled someone over. anyway im setting at the red light waiting for it to turn green. Okay it turns ..Next thing i know the person in the celica puts the car in reverse slamming straight into me. I was about to jump out of my car but they pulled out. So i was going to punch it and catch their ass ..lol if i could have but my friend was like no man theres a cop over there just pull up to him (Remember the celica is speeding away) so we pull over there and the cop goes after them but comes back and says that he couldnt find them ..It was a good thing i didnt go after them seeing the radiator was busted from being hit ...but sence i was in that accident it practically eliminated going to the class (For the ticket) ...SO! Now i have to pay for the ticket and insurance and plus they Revoked my liscence .. :sadwave: (Sorry if thats long and confusing)

cubert
04-22-2003, 04:11 PM
if i were you id just leave it how it is...but thats just me and i tend to be really lazy. Like when my exhaust leaked and started rusting off i waited until it fell off when i was driving. go me.:rolleyes:

Coitis1
04-22-2003, 07:23 PM
buy a bus pass

88LX-iSedan
04-22-2003, 07:59 PM
...btw My car is fixed ...It's been fixed for months now actually, The car in my avatar is it.. I took the pic a few days ago.(Im sure you all figured that though..heh) This weekend im going to pay for the ticket and look into how much it'll cost to get my liscence back. Once those two are cleared up i gotta pay for my insurance again. Then i'll be back on the road (Finally) ....But it's not like i've went this whole time without driving it:devil: (Gotta love them back roads)

Blue Impact
04-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Leave it as it is for the moment and fix it whenever you get the money. That's what I would do if I were you.

88LX-iSedan
04-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah i think i will actually

badmonkeynobanna
04-24-2003, 10:31 PM
cut the thing off ang go to schucks and get a pice of pipe and a couple of clamps, cheap fix less than $40.