PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control.

DR.ZED
04-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Did a search and apparently the horn and cruise control work together, and if one is bad the other will go. Well that was the jist of what I read.

So, the green cruise light on the push buttom does light up. Nothing happens on the dash when I hit my steering wheel buttons.

Yes my horn is also dead. The wiring in the steering wheel is fine (did a manual wire test with the horn cover off).

So, I'm going to check the cruise switch under the brake pedal to check.

The cruise/horn 7.5A fuse is fine.

Any other suggestions to check?

AZmike
04-22-2003, 11:05 AM
If your car is a 5-speed there is also a switch on the clutch pedal that may be worth a look.

AccordEpicenter
04-22-2003, 11:37 AM
It is probably your horns. If the horns dont work or arent there the cruise control wont work. Just get like a $10 horn at any auto parts store and hook it up in place of your dead horns and you should get your cruise back

ACCORD EX
04-22-2003, 02:09 PM
the cruise control takes it's power from horns ?? that's wierd !

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
04-22-2003, 08:12 PM
well the cruise doesnt really, the horns just are in the circuit for the switches on the steering wheel. The guy that came up with such a circuit should be shot

ACCORD EX
04-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
The guy that came up with such a circuit should be shot
yeah what a stupid design ! mat be he did it like that because both of them are in the steering wheel ! :D

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
04-23-2003, 09:27 PM
well dont the horns go through a relay? Ill have to check on that... if it does then there is no point for it to be like that

DR.ZED
04-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
well dont the horns go through a relay? Ill have to check on that... if it does then there is no point for it to be like that

This reminds me. I checked voltage at the horn connections, and there was none.

I am also used to other cars, "clicking" the horn relay when you hit the horn, even if the horn doesn't work.

Is there a horn relay? Where is it?

(You can tell I haven't fully downloaded the shop manual yet...)

88LXi/87CRXSi
04-24-2003, 10:49 AM
No horn relay that I can see on the wiring diagram.

The cruise/horn 7.5A fuse is fine.
Fuse #4 In the dash fuse box?? Might want to check fuse #4 (20 amp) in the under hood fusebox, that's the fuse the horns get (& A/C) get 12 Volt from.

-Steve

DR.ZED
04-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 88LXi/87CRXSi
No horn relay that I can see on the wiring diagram.

Fuse #4 In the dash fuse box?? Might want to check fuse #4 (20 amp) in the under hood fusebox, that's the fuse the horns get (& A/C) get 12 Volt from.

-Steve

Thanks and I'll do that now.

BTW, checked the brake switch, it was aligned properly with the brake pedal.

BDaccordguy
04-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Ok, my cruise doesnt work, but the light on the dash lights up but it wont engage. My Horn works though, so would it be wise to check the gas and clutch pedals to make sure that the connection to the cruise module is connected? Or could there be a problem somewhere else?

AccordEpicenter
04-26-2003, 08:44 PM
it depends, if the cruise light in the cluster lights up then the pedal switches arent your problem, if your cruise light never comes on then maybe it could be the problem

BDaccordguy
04-26-2003, 11:14 PM
well the cruise light next to the cruise power button is lit up, just the one on the cluster wont light up when i hit the button, and the cruise doesnt engage.

ACCORD EX
04-27-2003, 12:46 AM
some of the switches ( brakes , clutch , gas ) are disabling it ! ?

MIKE

BDaccordguy
04-27-2003, 09:19 AM
alright, thank you, im gonna check that out.

Rendon LX-i
04-30-2003, 08:56 AM
yeah i had the same problem man. I was like what the fuck u know. My horn and everything esle works. but then one time i was driving i put my foot under my brake and clutch and pushed them up. Then i tried cruise again it work but once i let go the cruise went off. so i had to readjust the brake and clutch again. for me it was easy.

DR.ZED
06-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Working, is the cruise and horn.

I should have realize that the plastic trim covering not secured properly was indication somebody was in there, at some time or another. I took the four screws out to reset it, and took a peek inside. Low and behold the horn connection was blatently disconnected.

Connected, and horn (nice loud one!), and cruise both work.

Thanks all y'all.

:super:

Tha1AndOnlyDJT
06-14-2003, 07:13 AM
My horn doesnt work but i can still here a click noice when i press the buttons. So if I understood correctly, once i get me horn to work my cruise will come back, Because i miss my cruise.

RustyHo88
06-26-2003, 04:43 AM
Ok, my Cruise Control also doesn't work. it hasn't since i got it. neither the light on the switch or the light on the instrument cluster come on ever. anyway, my horns do not work either (although they click), so i will replace those. also, whenever i start my car, after the first time i hit the brake, my, brake lamp out light comes on. when i turn off the car, the light is no longer lit, until i hit the brakes again. Ive bypassed that by grouding out the green wire on that sensor switch, but could this switch be the problem with my cruise? could there be a short in my brake pedal sensor? i also checked my clutch pedal sensor... but it isnt there. the previous owner must have removed it. i assume that the cruise should still work without it though... right? is there any way i could bypass my horns so that the cruise will work. any advice would help. also... where is the temp guage sensor and cooling fan senor located on the car? theres no mention of it in my haynes manual. thanks.